“The friendly staff gave us great tips on hideaways, and the views are incredible.”
Review of Hotel Bellavista

Hotel Bellavista
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Anacapri
Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location, and the staff gave us great information on boat rides, and shopping. The cleanliness could have been better, but was not horrible. All in all, we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 8 July 2010

I stayed in four different hotels for a conference in Anacapri and Bella Vista was my favourite. I don't understand why some other travellers were so disappointed. No hotel in Anacapri is near the beach (there are only 2 beaches in Capri!). It does have a stunning view over the Mediterranean. And it is very close to the centre of Anacapri, which is very convenient. It also has a nice terrace and garden.
I found the staff very friendly and helpful. And why eat at the hotel when there's a great restaurant only 3 mintues walk away!? I liked the breakfast...
It has paid internet access in the rooms, but not too expensive, which is great if you are on a business trip.
Really, I would gladly go back to Bella Vista!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We had lunch at this hotel and it was absolutely the worst meal any of us had ever had. The food was almost inedible and was served school dinner style slopped onto our plates from large bowls. It consisted of mashed potato (very watery and tasteless), pasta in tomato sauce which was almost cold (and yes, you were expected to have it on the same plate!) and a choice of pork? or cold, battered (texture of rubber) fish, followed by ice-cream coated in cocoa powder. The meal was served with watery wine while the head waiter hovered around making infantile jokes (perhaps to compensate for the rest of the unsmiling and rude staff - one of whom was seen to be picking his nose, another produced 'clean cutlery' from his trouser pocket to put in the cutlery tray). We were charged 13 euros per person for this set meal (I wouldn't eat it again if they paid me 13 euros!) One of our party was ill as a result of the meal and all the party felt unwell, despite leaving large amounts of food on our plates. Be warned! Do not eat in this restaurant!!

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I stayed at the Bellavista with 3 other family members between 30 and 70 of age and everyone really enjoyed their stay. We were in a quadruple room with a mezzanine level. Beds were comfy, linen clean, bathroom spotless with a good shower. Usual minibar with overinflated prices but the owner grows his own white grapes so we enjoyed local wine on our sunny terrace overlooking the gardens and sea. Yes, it is not a brand new hotel but for a taste of italy, the Bellavista is perfect. Friendly staff with fluent English and a great rapport with all their visitors. The garden in free to walk around and there is a grat view of the sea and beyond. The hotel was quite expensive but so are all the hotels in Capri! Would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank AshMSP
Reviewed 11 October 2006

Room was fine, no big deal but no problems. But the hotel restaurant deliberately attempted to ripped us off by sending in our credit card charge for 330 euros instead of 33. When I first disputed this with Visa I was willing to give the Bella Vista the benefit of the doubt in that perhaps they just keyed it in wrong. Nope, they are attempting to fight the dispute and say that the charge is legit...trust me, my husband and I did not spend over 300eur on lunch at that place!

Visa is still working on it and it shouldn't be a problem since we have the itemized charge slip with the real total, but the fact that the property is fighting it is very telling. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank LisaK212
A TripAdvisor Member
San Rafael, CA, USA
Reviewed 6 October 2005

My husband and I enjoyed two days at the Bellavista Hotel. Our room was large, spotless, gorgeous, and beautifully appointed. The staff was warm, efficient, and attentive. Could not have asked for a nicer hotel or staff. Would return without question.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 September 2005

This is a wonderful hotel, It can not be faulted because it is way up high on Anacapri and not at the seashore.

• Stayed: May 2005