“Wouldn't go back.”
Review of Hotel Casa Caprile

Hotel Casa Caprile
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Anacapri
Reviewed 17 June 2011

After arriving in the rain on very dangerous steps I was given the smallest and worst room in the hotel. There were bugs on the wall splattered and it smelt. I wasn't paying much so I didn't expect much. After coming home from dinner the night manager hit on me. Asking to join me in my room as I was a very beautiful lady. Being a lone traveller this scared me. I waited until the morning to tell the day Manager I wanted to leave. And that even tho I had paid in advance I would only pay the one night because of what happened. The lady manager found out what happened and talked to me in my room. Saying he would be fired after I left and upgraded me to the biggest suite. This did make me happier. The room was nice but still smelt. Breakfast was terrible and I could only get wifi in the breakfast room. They didn't charge me for anything I used in the minibar or wifi. The gentleman apologized saying he had been joking with me but I very much doubt that.

• Stayed: June 2011
There are newer reviews for Hotel Casa Caprile

Reviewed 17 June 2011

This place was great and a nice quiet oasis, with a great view. The rooms are spacious, have balcony and beautiful bathrooms. Good breakfast. The staff is very professional, kind and helpful. This hotel is situated in green area, 2 minutes walking distance from the centre. For sure, I''ll be back in this place.
Jasmine

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jwith78
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We booked this hotel by looking at their website. The first problem was when we arrived.
There are steep steps down which you have to carry your own luggage. The rooms are extremely small and it is difficult to turn around in the shower. The staff on arrival promised us help when we left as we would have to carry the luggage up but were most unhelpful when it was time for us to leave.
The website makes it look very pretty and spacious but it was anything but that.
Breakfast is served in a tiny room where dishes are also washed, not very quietly.
The worst are the steps which lead to the hotel as they are very steep.
Definately not ment for anyone who wants a little luxury on a holiday!!!!
The island is beautiful and this hotel spoils your holday

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We were staying here with a group of friends for a wedding in Ana Capri. As stated the hotel is down a number of, not very steep, steps. Access could be a problem for those with mobility problems. There are a few signposts from the street to the hotel, but they are not very big.

On arrival at the hotel we were impressed with how bright and clean and airy the hotel is. We checked in and were given a room on the first floor with a lovely view over the ocean. Our friends had a room in a lower part of the hotel with their own terrace but these rooms didn't have a great view. The hotel also had a solarium which we didn't use. The rooms were clean with big solid pieces of furniture. The beds were comfortable and there was a large mini fridge containing basic drinks but we used this to store our own drinks.

At night time the hotel was unattended and we found the hotel security very strange. The front door is left open and you help yourself to your key from behind the counter. Perfectly adequate in quiet peaceful Anacapri, but I couldn't imagine that in Belfast!

Breakfast was very basic but for the price we paid I didn't expect much more than that. Although in saying that my friend got warm milk with his cereal which was a bit weird.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon - it's a famous house (former royal residence). On first glance, it looks nice and is in a nice area of town. Then we were shown our room - absolutely terrible!! It smelled rotten in there, it had no view (unless you count a concrete wall a view) and zero privacy (everybody that walked by to get to the other rooms could look in). We told the manager that we wanted to switch rooms and he said they are full, sorry. We had it booked for 3 nights and there was no way we were going to stay, so we found ourselves another hotel (Mulino - lovely!). We came back right away and told the guy at the reception we wanted to cancel (different guy this time). He said no problem, but you have to pay for the first night, so just leave tomorrow morning. We did that. The next morning, we told the manager we wanted to leave, and he told me absolutely no way, we had to pay all 3 nights and we couldn't just cancel. I started reasoning with him, and then he started YELLING at me. YELLING!! Unbelievable! How unprofessional and rude. The manager lady then stepped in and at least reasoned with us and had us only pay for one night or offered to upgrade (the superior rooms are nicer), but at this point, we've had it. Long story short - dont EVER book a standard room. If you want to be treated nicely, also don't go here. And for the superior room- that one was nice, but you should go somewhere else where you get your money's worth.Breakfast was also terrible - felt like in a hostel. yikes.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alicekath
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This hotel compliments the beauty of Anacapri. Beautiful cozy rooms, good view of the sea from the balcony, good food and good service. Value for money!! - you get a homely feeling when you stay in this place! Would recommend this to others for sure!

Room Tip: Got this through expedia
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I am puzzled by the negative reviews of this hotel.
It is true, it is a bit of a walk with steps from Piazza Caprile where the bus drops off - but the walk is through gorgeous little alleyways, surrounded by flowers, sea-views, etc A very idyllic setting. Also – this is the island of Capri: if you don’t like walking through very narrow and hilly tiny streets this destination is not for you.
The hotel is located in Anacapri, which I think is much lovelier, chilled, laid back and with more of a local feel than Capri itself. Buses between the two run frequently until 2 am and from here you are also very well located for the Blue Grotto – just a short bus ride away.
We got a good deal through Expedia and when we arrived the owner upgraded to a bigger room with a lovely terrace.
It is true the shower could have done with some work, though everything worked and the room was lovely. Sadly we only stayed one night at the end of a longer trip in the area, but we managed to see a lot in the two days we were there.
Think the hotel used to be the residence of the queen of Sweden.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Hotel Il Girasole
Bougainville
Bougainville
#11 of 18 in Anacapri
Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri

Been to Hotel Casa Caprile? Share your experiences!