“Beautiful Scenery, Misleading, Not The Friendliest” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Eva

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Villa Eva
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Anacapri
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful Scenery, Misleading, Not The Friendliest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2004

Their card says they give a family style welcome....right....thats if you can find anyone. And if you do find someone they pretend they dont speak english. No one is ever at reception....

No airconditioning, so you have to leave your doors open, yet theres no screens. Picture yourself in a jungle because thats basically how it is. Its beautiful but there are LOTS of bugs. So be prepared to be sleeping with bugs.

Staff is not very friendly. One guy that works at the bar is friendly, and thats about it. Their piano style swimming pool is small and 4 ft deep. More like a kiddie pool. Their bar is open for only short periods and its EXPENSIVE, like 5 euro for a hotdog. They are definetly in it for the money!! The staff (the 2 girls are but not the guy) are slow.

They need to get air conditioning in the rooms and take a class in hospitality.

We got a family style goodbye....they were happy to see us off and even waited for the taxi with us.

If your OK on your own, you like sleeping with nature, you like to take hikes, and dont mind paying outrageous prices than I recommend this place.

Has a pretty garden! And the owner works hard on it.....he should of been gardner not a hotel owner. He was nice in the end and turns out he does speak english unlike he led us to believe when we arrived.

• Stayed July 2004
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2004

ill make this brief, very far from everything, disgusting bug infested rooms, no service, Eva herself is rude and abrupt (after youve paid)
oh yeah, and she even has a sign up stating that the credit card machine is broken, yet if you tell her thats all you have, she'll allow you to use your credit card, as long as she can charge an extra tax.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Monica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2004

We booked 5 nights in late May, early June 2004 at Villa Eva in Anacapri after seeing their very impressive website. Since it is a small property, I was requested to send a check in euros as deposit in the amount of two nites. We stayed in the town of Capri for one night on arrival and then were planning to enjoy the quiet surroundings of Anacapri for the rest of the journey. When we arrived in Capri and mentioned to people we would be staying for the rest of our trip at Villa Eva, we were taken back by the reaction on three separate occasions,"oh, it is very natural" or "there are alot of young people there", or just "oh" but you could just tell by the look on their face that it wasn't going to be good. I love the Italians, they are so politically correct, they would never outwardly insult anything or anyone, they always find the good somehow. We like natural, and were not into the fancy scene of alot of the hotels in Capri, so we thought, ok, we can deal with this and may I add that we are two women over 30, so we are not looking for the youth hostel experience either. But on arrival we are shown to our room supposedly with a terrace and view, which there wasn't, to an overgrown property that looked like it hadn't been manicured in years, to a dark dreary humid room, which looked like it was haunted (nothing like the pictures on the website) You couldn't even call it a closet, with a bathroom that you couldn't even see in the mirror. I sat down on the bed to try to make the best of it, and practically fell into it because it was so old and lumpy. I had specifically specified that we would need a room with two twin beds, which it wasn't, and when I asked about that, thinking, well maybe, we can deal with this for one night and get a better room, they replied, "oh, tomorrow, we will make it two beds," meaning they would move the king bed apart to make two beds. My poor friend was horrified, and being that we had problems with our adapter/converter I see something electrical, I say "Look an adapter we can charge the camera battery", well the owner informs us," no that is what you plug in for the mosquitos!" Talk about mosquitos, they should have had a net over the bed, I proceeded to get eaten alive for the night, I had huge welts the next morning.
We sat at breakfast, which was actually very nice, (and the pool area was very nice too) and decided, we have to get out. We had been traveling for two weeks, staying at some really nice places( for close to the same amount they were charging) and this was suppost to be our relaxing part of the trip and there was no relaxing, when you are swatting mosquitos all nite. So we go to the owner to tell her we are leaving and she says " that is not possible". We felt like we were going to be held hostage on our own vacation, and I was very insistant that we were not happy and were leaving. She insisted that we pay more, which we gladly did just to get out of there. So we ended up having to pay two nites for the one nite and we couldn't pack up and get out of there fast enough! Please beware that the rooms do not look anything like the website! For 20 euros more, we found a palace compared to Villa Eva.
I would not even recommend it to traveling students. There are too many lovely little places to park yourself in Capri, much less in Italy!!!! We call it Villa Evil!

• Stayed May 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank Lauralynn
Hartford, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2004

We spent two nights here in May of 2004. My husband liked it and would go again (he is more earthy crunchy than I am) . I would not. It is in the middle of nowhere and far way from everything. The rooms..dark and cold. The furniture was very simple (beds were comfy). The hot water did not last more than a few minutes. No bellman, no concierge, no waiter, no one but the family of owners who were pleasant but busy doing other things. My husband found a slug in the bathroom. He did not want to tell me. Nice gardens. I would not return. We tried it because of price and trip advisor reveiws. I wish we spent more money. I longed for a nicer hotel.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2004

The last review said something about castle-like rooms - no no no. Dank, in a word, yes. Our room was cold and moist - no heater or AC. Whenever we left we returned and our windows were open, I assume this is so the mildew would not build up on the walls. The shower offered up to 3 minutes of luke warm water. The town of anacapri is a 15 minute hike up a poo-laden dark garden ally. Credits Card? Nope, don't count on those working. Bring cash, because if you are on your honeymoon and don't enough, and its a Sunday, you might spend the entire evening looking for it. At 90 euro (over $100) a night, you wonder where the money goes. The Blue Grotto is a 30 minute walk. They have a van that will take you to and from Capri, but I suggest a taxi, which is cheaper, or the bus, which is only a few bucks. Perhaps this is blunt honesty, but there are other options I wish I would have explored.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New jersey and washington, dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2004

Beautiful hostel, quaint and warm. Owned by sweet Italian family. Beautiful view from above within walking distance of the breathtaking blue grotto. Morning breakfast included with fresh baked bread etc.... gardens and beautiful od castle like suites. SO cheap... had more character and romantic scenery then any 4 star hotel you cold find in the area. I dream about this location and hostel experience. Cant reccommend it enough

2 Thank blondie081
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacapri
Casa Mariantonia
Hotel Il Girasole
Hotel Il Girasole
#11 of 18 in Anacapri
Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri

Been to Villa Eva? Share your experiences!