“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We liked the food very much and we thought the service was great. We really liked the coffee. We ate there 2 days in a row. Once we had lunch and then went back for dinner the following day.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We spent our last night here and wished we didn't - having been seated next to a rowdy teenagers birthday party after 2mins we asked the waiter if there was anything they could do to ask them to quiet down - not sure if they knew these kids but we felt like they would rather their business than ours - staff not helpful at all and food was rushed and resulted in being undercooked, several meals were returned and no apologies issued. Even the bread was stale - should have taken that as a sign to get out of there before ordering!!

3  Thank Hlwoo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate here for our evening meal, there were 15 of us and we chose it as it was nearby and after a long hot day we didn't want to walk too far - what a mistake! There was a children's party going on right next to us diners but the noise level was terrible and even after asking the owner to quieten them down nothing happened.It did not make for a relaxing meal. Our food came but several of our party sent it back as the meat was undercooked/raw and even the bread was stale! They tried to appease us with free drinks of limoncello at the end of the meal but all we wanted to do was get out. We would happily have waited for our meal to ensure properly cooked food but they were intent on getting us served.The impression was given that they were unable to cater for so many people at the same time. If they want to cater for children's parties they should give an end time of say 7pm so that adults can enjoy their meals in peace.

3  Thank Valerie W
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I also ended up here on a rainy afternoon. It was almost 2:30 pm and we were hesitant to plop ourselves down for an indeterminate amount of time, waiting for the rain to stop, but Carlo, the owner, ushered us in and assured us we could have a relaxing meal. I had the best ravioli I ever tasted. When I asked if they had spinaci Carlo said no, but he would buy some tomorrow. We returned 2 days later and he kept his word. I ordered spinaci as a side and it was delicious. We ate here 2 more times including our last meal on the island. My husband wanted to splurge and ordered the 3 pepper steak. He then declared it the best steak he had eaten in years. I highly recommend lunch or dinner here. We felt like we received special attention, but not being "special", I can only imagine that everyone is treated as well. Check out the modern little "candle" light lamps on the tables and small vases of flower arrangements. Nice touch. One last comment: I found a tempting variety of options for vegetarians.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stopped here for lunch by chance and I am certainly glad we did. The food and wine were all good, but the grilled octopus salad was spectacular. Great grilled flavor, nicely dressed, great tomatoes, arugula, and olives. Perfection!