“Less than average”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Less than average”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I should have paid more attention to the bad reviews than the good ones. The waiter obviously did not know the menu. My wife got both her courses at the same time and I did not get my second, because the waiter had apparently not understood that I wanted a second course. I had to ask for Parmesan to my pasta and as soon as I had helped myself, the cheese was taken away. The house wine was good, but my bolognese and veal was not more than average.

• Turkish first
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Atmosphere over quality”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Materita is predominantly a pizza take away with an add on restaurant. There are piles of pizza take away boxes at the entrance to a nice veranda overlooking the church square. Service is poor in the restaurant, drinks arrived soon but food took ages although only just over half full. Food quality was very mediocre and disappointing. But the real problem is the cost. This is a really expensive place to eat which suggests good food. Not our experience and they also load the bill with extra costs. We questioned the bill and they just took some items off. I would advise you avoid this place and not get taken in by the location as we were, there are much better value places to eat in the town.

• Visited September 2013
New York
“Nice place with good service.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Our waiter was very friendly and tried to accommodate us, they even made an omelet that wasn't on the menu. The fish steak was nicely done. Pizza was good. Almost everywhere in Italy, you have to add an olive oil and vinegar yourself, upon your taste. Maybe for the reason of not sending something back if it's overdone.. But, I prefer to leave it up to the chef, as they do it in States..

• Visited September 2013
South
“Terrible”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Terrible food, poor service and ovepriced. All this place has is location. Look elsewhere if you want food, value and good service.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank AMD64
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good, but not great, though open late”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Materita, ristorante - bar - pizzeria is a centrally located, open air, on the piazza by the church, Capresi restaurant attended by a wonderful, dark-haired woman of local charm and polite-ness. We stopped in what would normally be a bit late (23:30), but the entire menu was available for us, with nice outdoor seating on the piazza, overlooking the local children running off their last bits of energy. We had a nice, fresh pizza, followed by shared mixed greens and rocket salads, followed by ravioli, grilled local fish and spaghetti bolognese. The menu openly stated all frozen food would be disclosed, though we had none. All our food was fresh and well prepared, presented and flavorful, even after midnight. We also enjoyed a white local wine, which was very nice (though simple and a tad sweet; the local red wines are also chilled, and while available at Materita, not to our liking from prior experience). Overall, a delightful, local place to watch people pass on a late Friday night during a town-wide art presentation. If you are in Anacapri, this is a solid choice for one evening's (or afternoon's) family/group meal.

• Visited July 2013