We were looking for a hotel to accommodate 5 people for 2 nights - Three kids and 2 adults. Hotel Carmencita was one of the few hotels that fit our needs for the price. They put us in two rooms that had a queen and a single. The room was tight but worked for us. Small bathroom, normal for Europe, nice balcony with two chairs, 13" TV, fan and free WiFi. We got in around 6pm from Pompeii and were hot and sweatty. We were told the A/C was broken at the time but it was cool enough not to be an issue. No problem we'll just jump in the pool and cool off. The ownwer told us the pool was closed at 6pm and we could not swim. Who closes a pool at 6pm in the summertime. We complained, then they said it was OK to swim. No welcome drink as promised either. We paid 30 euros to get up the hill to the hotel then saw an email that night that we just had to call when we got in and they would pick us up at the port. Why was that not sent earlier to us. It did not start out good. The next day, everything got better with a nice breakfast and a swim in the pool. The owners son, Fabrizzio, welcomed us with a drink, chips and info about the island. He set up a private boat tour with his friend around the island that was spectacular. He pointed out great restaurants and highlights of the island. He made our trip wonderful and we felt right at home during our stay. This is a great little hotel. Perfect location, not in a touristy area. Right across the street through the parking lot is a path to the heart of real Anacapri. Fabrizzio directed me to the banca/ATM right next to the church. Quaint little streets and the local church is beautiful. 3 minutes from hotel. I went to Sunday Mass and it was an incredible experience for me. After I got some cash and had a nice espresso at the cafe right in the church plaza. I rented a scooter from Fabrizzio's friend. We had to leave and Fabrizzio met us at the rental location with the shuttle. The place was closed for lunch. Fabrizzio said no problem, leave the scooter here and I will return the keys to him later. Sochi, his, shuttle driver took us down to the port at no charge. We noticed we were missing a bag. Fabrizzio drove it down to the port for us on his scooter. Truly incredible customer service. Anacapri was the highlight of our trip. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gem of the Gulf of Naples, for centuries Capri enchants for its wonderful combination of blue skies, landscapes, sea and light: an extraordinary mix of nature, art, culture and beau monde which have acclaimed the myth of the Island of Capri for its unchanged charm, still successful between tourists and visitors from all the corners of the World. The elegance of Capri, the fashion on Capri, the beautiful life style... are all statements with a common and unique denominator: the charming union between the landscapes of rare beauty and the warm and radiant atmosphere that filter into every aspect of daily life. A cup of coffee or an aperitif in the famous Piazzetta, great shopping opportunities in the typical shops and exclusive boutiques, a boat trip to discover the impressive Faraglioni and the prismatic colours of the Grotta Azzurra, a visit to the famous Villa of Axel Munthe and a romantic sunset on the beach: Capri is this and more...! In this charming and uncontaminated Paradise, the Hotel Carmencita is waiting for you, situated in a central location at short distance from the island's beaches and the local bus stops, and the most renowned tourist and cultural attractions, an ideal departure point for all the major touristic destinations of the Blue Island. The friendly and familiar atmosphere, the professionalism of the staff and the modern swimming pool will make unforgettable your stay in Capri. Hotel Carmencita provide free wi-fi connection in structure and in all rooms for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Carmencita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmencita Hotel Anacapri
- Hotel Carmencita Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy