Alle Ginestre Capri Bed & Breakfast
US$210
Hotel Carmencita(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Hotel Il Girasole(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
US$169
Casa Mariantonia(Anacapri)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$215
getaroom.com
All reviewsminute walkblue grottogreat sleephis wifethe buschair liftspectacular viewseach morningmount solarobeautiful islandteresapiazzahostsunsetparadisecaprisuggestions
Reviewed 5 December 2012

If you want a place that is quiet, relaxing, and absolutely beautiful, Anacapri is the place to go and Alle Ginestre is the PERFECT place to stay. It is very affordable, the family is SO nice and helpful, and the place is really nice too. The room we stayed in had a porch we could sit on and look down at the beautiful island. I dont know why people spend so much money to stay in Capri at those hotels when you could stay here. It is much more peaceful and in my opinion just an overall better place to be. It also only takes about 20 minutes to walk to Capri so you can still easily see all of the sights. Anacapri is such a breathtaking place to be and if I ever go back I will for sure stay at Alle Ginestre again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

After my sister stayed here last year for one night we dubiously took her recommendation. I was worried that it was out of the main Capri town, but this was total heaven!
My husband and I stayed with Costanzo for only one night and wished we could stay for life!
We got the hydrofoil from Naples - big mistake, I never get seasick and even I was incredibly queasy - get the ferry!
The bus from Capri with teo huge suitcases was crowded and difficult - on our way back we got a taxi for about €20

We called Costanzo from the piazza as he said and were immediately relaxed and welcomed.

Visit Faro - simple bus ride from piazza caprille at lighthouse beach for sunset - it is beautiful.

And of course get the bus to grotto Azzurra - it's great and the public bus is an easy way to get there for just €3.60!

Take Costanzo's recommendation and go to Gelsomina for dinner - it is wonderful, reasonably priced and DELICIOUS!

We couldn't have been happier with le ginestre, Anacapri is a quiet, friendly town and we were so glad that we stayed there rather than in Capri town.

Breakfast consisted of cakes, croissants, cereals and fresh fruits with freshly made coffee of our choice and was quite delicious.

Look no further - book with Costanzo!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank loysie
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My partner and I stayed here mid September and had a lovely experience. The rooms are a good size, good shower and are spotless. There is also air conditioning and hairdryer provided. My only complaint was there is only one mirror which is in the bathroom and as there are no windows in the bathroom it got very steamed up (and took over half an hour to desteam) so I did not have a mirror to get ready in front of.

Breakfast is basic but nice and Constanzo makes a lovely home made lemon cake! I don't drink coffee but my partner did not enjoy the coffee served unfortunately.

The location was fine or us (it is a 20/25 minute walk to the main part of Anacapri but 10/15 to the bus stop) but as the B&B is uphill the walk back would be too much for some people so bear this in mind.

Constanzo was very helpful and we did take advantage of his recommendation of a friend who arranges boat trips round the island. Even though expensive at 130 euros for 2 hours it is definitely worth doing rather than going on the cattle boats which looked pretty awful! We timed the tour so we arrived at the Blue Grotto around 5.30 (at this time you are able to swim inside-this was one of the best experiences of our entire 2 week Italy trip).

Constanzo recommended a couple of places to eat- one which I can't remember the name of (it is just by the main square bus stop on the main road) wasn't great but Da Gelsomina was just fantastic and a 5 minute walk from the B&B! You can watch the sunset from a good point not far after this place too.

Do make sure you get Constanzo to give you directions when you arrive- he will pick up from the final bus stop. You couldn't do the walk with suitcases!

Overall, great value for money compared to the hotels. Another tip- don't bother with eating in Capri, it is not at all good value for money.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I wish I had arranged to stay longer as I only stayed one night. The sea and lush vegetation make the scene so dreamlike. My only complaint is that because the road to get there is so steep, many taxis do not make the trip all the way so you have to call the owner who gladly picks up his guests. The rooms are perfectly clean and spacious.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Our two night stay at Alle Ginestre was lovely! It is a great location - perfect for relaxing and wandering around Anacapri. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, updated and spotlessly clean. As other reviews have mentioned, Constanzo is very accommodating and makes sure everyone has what they need. Constanzo also drove us (an our luggage) to and from Piazza Vittoria at the beginning and end of our stay which was very helpful. The light breakfast complete with delicious homemade cakes, fruit and coffee was the perfect way to start our days.

We walked everywhere in Anacapri from Alle Ginestre – the viewpoints, restaurants, shops, the chair lift, and even down to blue grotto. Our first night we walked just down the street a bit for dinner at Da Gelsomina, which Constanzo recommended. It was also lovely and the perfect, relaxing end to a busy travel day.

It was a wonderful stay at Alle Ginestre and I would absolutely recommend staying there if you’re looking for a comfortable and beautiful space in Anacapri.

Thank you to Constanzo and family for welcoming us and making our stay in Anacapri a great one!

Shannon & Clark