Of all the hotels and places we travelled in Italy, this was our family favorite! A lovely family owned, small, quaint place with nice personnel. Located in the lovely Anacapri, away from the packed tourist area of Capri, but not remote from the activity of Anacapri's pedestrian town, shopping, hikes, ocean, chairlift, historical sites, bus transportation (which is so easy there!) and restaurants. All in very short walking distances. Marcello and Pierpaulo, two brothers of family owned hotel, Ravi, Luli, and Julio, all provided excellent service and enhanced our stay in Anacapri. Breakfast was served outdoors under a canopy, with a welcoming selection of croissants, ham, cheeses, yogurts, cereal, fresh tomatoes, homemade lemon and pumpkin jams, homemade lemonade (ask for a sprig of fresh lavendar to put in your lemonade!), homemade cakes, and all sorts of other delectables, and of course, any type of coffee, latte, cappucino, etc! We booked one Superior Double with Terrace, and one Double with Terrace room. They were both in the same hallway, with it's own entrance door, we felt like we had our own apartment. The Superior Double offered a lovely amount of space, The Double was fine for the teenagers. The bathrooms were spotless clean and new. Our shared terrace overlooked the small lemon grove and veggie/fruit garden below. Hammocks danced in the breeze under the lemon trees, as Julio or Ravi attended to our beverage needs! With information provided by Marcello and Pierpaulo, we enjoyed an adventure up the chairlift to the top of Anacapri, spectacular! Next time I'm bringing my hiking clothes to trek to the crucifix! We also went swimming at Faro, in the most majestic crystal clear deep sapphire blue water, amongst the huge rocks and cliffs. Marcello arranged a boat ride tour around the island, in which the guide, Gennaro, took us to all the grottos, and for a swim at the green grotto. Restaurants, wheew, the best food we had on our entire Italy trip, but we are partial to fish and seafood, and excellent pasta. All of Marcello and Pierpaulo's suggestions were spectacular. Ask about Ristorante Geranio in Capri, and plan to spend a couple of hours in advance to walk the prestigious shops and visit Augustus Gardens, and the cliffside walk to the ocean. Magnificent. We enjoyed taking a swim in the pool after a hot day to cool down, then back to the hammock, under the lemon trees, to read a book, sip lemonade...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MEDITERRANEAN BOUTIQUE HOTEL with a relaxed pace Here at Casa Mariantonia, our family believes that true luxury is in a warm and genuine welcome, in the attention to details, and in offering our guests an authentic taste of Capri.Surrounded by an extensive garden of citrus trees and lush Mediterranean flowers, Casa Mariantonia provides a true haven of tranquility, in the heart of Anacapri. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa Mariantonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariantonia Anacapri
- Casa Mariantonia Hotel Anacapri
- Casa Mariantonia Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy