“The worst pizza I had in Italy”
Review of Sciue' Sciue'

Sciue' Sciue'
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Anacapri
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Pizza, Street Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Sciue 'Sciue', which in Neapolitan dialect means SIMPLE, BUT QUICK AND GOOD QUALITY 'will surprise' in his unique and eccentric kind. Located on the main street of Anacapri, and 'very accessible and pleasant, small and cute, it encloses the whole tradition and the authentic flavors of the past and now extinct. Sciue 'Sciue' awaits you to savor its specialties' !!
Reviewed 9 October 2018

While my husband said his pizza was fine, and our table outside was quite fine, the service was strange (the manager stands outside on the street trying to get people to come and sit at his restaurant). For some reason, Rick Steeves has selected this restaurant to mention as good to choose (out of 54 restaurants in Anacapri??) so we went with it. But it was disappointing and I will be reviewing it on Steeves' website too. My pizza dough was raw on the inside, and I couldn't figure out what that creamy stuff was until it was too late. I ended up with stomach problems with several days and I'm sure that's why. I saw people eating the buffalo mozzarella caprisi salad, which looked beautiful, and if I could eat tomatoes, we would have ordered it. Looked lovely. I think pizza is not the thing to eat at this place. Also, the portions are far too big for lunch. The calzone arrived at a neighbour's table, and they laughed out loud. It was so huge, and way too much food for one person, ridiculous. I don't recommend this place, I'm sure you will have a better time eating elsewhere, though the location in Anacapri is sweet.

1  Thank dgthebee
RaffaeleMinopoli, Proprietario at Sciue' Sciue', responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Customer
I've never received such a bad review.
Strangely, the reviews of other customers tell the opposite of what you say.
our pizza is produced by hand with fresh ingredients and first quality 'and I' never happened to receive offenses like this.
if the pizza was not to your liking because you did not say it?
I would have immediately changed the plate without problems
instead of revenge on tripadvisor for something that has not gone well.
the portions of food in Italy are abundant and you came to Italy on holiday so country that you go customs that you find,
RICK STEEV's customers are always very happy with the food we offer and they fill us with compliments!
I also hope not to see you as a customer because you were very rude and liar arrogant.
we do not need clients like you but who appreciate our restaurant and our work because we do it with our heart!
tripadvisor is used to give a real comment and not to write lies like you did.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

A little place on the side of the path as you walk through Anacapri. A few tables on one side of the path opposite the small restaurant with a few tables again. The food was AMAZING! I had a mozzarella salad with tomato and ham which was outstanding. My husband had spaghetti puttanesca. The spaghetti was homemade and the sauce was fabulous. The staff were very friendly and hospitable. A real surprise and we struck gold!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Our stop here was for lunch and we were not disappointed. Bring you appetite if you visit this sidewalk restaurant as the portions aren't for a light fare. We had the fried calamari and a calzone which were very delicious. The service was excellent.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Stop here for a bite to eat as prices seemed good. Usually the holiday strip give all the same tasting food. Well here we found a little gem. The waiter was friendly and informative, right down to talking about the special edition Peroni. He showed recommendations on the menu and did give choice. We had calzone and pizza wow, portions massive and the taste well, fantastic. The beers are great and really nice glasses. Toilets clean. So next time we come to ana Capri, this will be the place to eat. Thank you for a professional friendly service and an amazing calzonie, I just wish I did of ate it all.

Date of visit: September 2018
RaffaeleMinopoli, Proprietario at Sciue' Sciue', responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear customer,
Thank you for your kindly !
It’s a pleasure for us!
We hope to see you again next time!!!
A big hug from us!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

When walking through anacapri trying to find somewhere to eat lunch I asked a shop owner if there was any places she recommended and she told me about this place. When we arrived it was pretty busy and there was only one table left so we were seated immediately. They had a frozen drink machine that caught our eye once we sat down, we were told they made fresh lemon frozen drinks with either orange or watermelon. We tried both types and loved them so much we had to get a second round before leaving. For food we ordered the buffalo mozzarella, pizza twist with mixed vegetables, pasta with shrimp and zucchini and a side of fried eggplant. Everything was amazing! The best buffalo mozzarella I had in italy. The service was great and personable. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in the area!

Date of visit: July 2018