“Late July At Ravenscroft” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ravenscroft Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temagami
Ravenscroft Lodge
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Late July At Ravenscroft”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Spent an awesome week again at the lodge, everything was great we had tonnes of fun, boating playing soccer, fishing and just enjoying this awesome establishment.

My kids love this place and before we left they kept on asking when we are going to come up again.

I totally recommend that you try out this northern ontario gem. The great part is that the lodge is very family oriented. We will be back soon thanks again Joe & Julie for everything.

cheers

Les Majszki

Room Tip: We stayed in #3 cottage All the cottages face the lake and it's an awesome thing to look at when...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Les M

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Well here it is I used to live at Ravenscroft back in the 90's, the place is still the same great fishing, food the cottages are great there is a nice playground on the beach for the kiddies to play.
Joe & Julie are two awesome people very polite, funny and will make sure that you have a great time at their facility.

I am an avid fisherman and i love fishing Jumping Cariboo Lake. Nice Smallies, huge Northerns and good eating Pickerel. also i have seen many monster Lakers caught on this lake.
I never came back from fishing empty handed. I go up every year and this is the only place i stay at because i know that there is no other place like Ravenscroft Lodge. My son loves fishing and for a 10 year old to ask me all the time "When are we going to Joe's Place" must show that even kids have a great time.

See you guys up at Ravenscroft July 27th 2013

Cheers

Les Majszki

Room Tip: Choose the cottages where you have an awesome lake view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Les M
Golden Lake, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Ravenscroft Lodge caters to anglers and hunters and is also beautiful for families if they are happy with good swimming, canoeing, exploring the area....the grounds are pretty, the lake views are lovely ....wifi in the lodge but not in the cabins....excellent value for your money...we stayed two days and met folks from north of cochrane and from Ohio....they were all satified. As were we. This is northern Ontario and if you are looking for urban-style up-scale accomodations stay in The Muskokas. This is my second visit...the first was an ice fishing trip ten years or so ago....the owners are pleasant, the dining room food is very good, and the kitchens are certainly well enough equipped to do your own cooking.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kathy L
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

We booked a 2 bedroom cottage for a fall trip. It was perfect for a hunting base camp. Just enough room for 3 guys and their gear. The bathroom looked fairly new and the beds were comfortable (we used our own sleeping bags and pillows). Everything in the kitchen worked fine except we forgot to bring coffee filters sor we used paper towels instead. We will bring our own firewood next fall as the local trading post charges $10 per bag.

Joe was very helpful, we will be back next year!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ron M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

We have been staying at Ravenscroft Lodge several times a year for t he past 10 years or so, and we have never been disappointed. We found the place by accident, and will never stay any place else! If Joe ever retires, our Canadian adventures will be over. We drive 14 hours to get there from Philadelphia, and are happy to do it because of the peaceful atmosphere and the friendly attitudes we always find there. The fishing and hunting are great!!!! If you follow Joe's helpful hints you will catch something almost every time - and Julie will cook it for you to order. My only argument is that Julie stole my tomato sauce recipe and didn't give me credit on the menu (but that's OK because I stole her schnitzel and chicken paprikash recipes, so we're even). The rooms are always clean and the food is excellent, and I am picky about cleanliness and the quality of my food.

Room Tip: Choose #2 cabin in the summer
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
15 Thank suebarb
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

What a great place, quiet solitude, the leaves starting to change, wildlife to watch. who could ask for anything more? The cottages were rustic but clean, which just added to the old world charm and experience. The hosts were friendly and welcoming and more then accomodating. The food was hardy with HUGE portions, not once did we go away from the dining room wanting. would i recomend a stay? ABSOLUTELY!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
22 Thank mshippiesunshine
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Been going up to Ravescroft and the Temagami area fairly regularly for many years now. Although I have visited there all seasons. Fall is one of my favorite when the tree are turning colour. Ravenscroft Lodge is really nice place for a hunting / fishing lodge. One of the better places I have seen in the area. The rooms and cottages are a bit rustic but clean. Julie is really good cook and if you meet Joe you will see he is the walking endorsement for the kitchen.

Now for the important stuff fishing!!!. I cant say I caught fish every single time I took the boat out over the years but I bet I am in the 95%+ that I have caught fish so in my opinion the fishing is great. Jumping Caribou is not a huge lake but decent size and does not seem to be too trafficked. It's possible to find a bay or cove to drop anchor and not have to worry about being crowded and enjoy the piece and quiet. I have personally seen 2 18-20lb ish pickeral come out of the lake over the years unfortunately not caught by me though. Better luck next time. Some good size lake trout and pike though along with a good number of small mouth and pickeral.

If your looking for a bit of quiet and fishing or just to get away your not going to go wrong staying at Ravenscroft.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends