“Value for money, tastefully refurbished motel”

Junction Motel Maryborough
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maryborough
Australia
“Value for money, tastefully refurbished motel”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and found it comfortable and clean and the rooms nicely refurbished but small.Beds were comfortable and the room was pleasant,
Towel rails in the bathroom would be a huge improvement on just 2 hooks on the bathroom door for bath towels. No idea why motels are so stingy about putting up adequate towel rails especially when we are all trying to reuse our towels.An electric strip heater would have kept the bathroom more comfortable on very cold mornings.
No restaurant on site but breakfast was delivered to your door on request.
Overall a comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Porepunkah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
ballarat
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Walking distance to town - about ten easy minutes. Nice quiet location, even though it's next to main intersection. Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Bed was very comfy, and a decent size tv. Probably the only criticism would be the cupboards in the room could have been painted a lighter colour - dark brown is a bit yuk.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jackycee
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I arrived on a business visit and was greeted by Shirley. Her warm friendly welcome instantly made me feel welcomed and valued. She explained all the appliances and how to find the bits and pieces within my room. She offered advice on some of the great places to go for dinner and offered me a breakfast menu. Her service was beyond wonderful and she is an asset to this business.

The bed was amazing, I found it difficult to get up due to being so comfortable, these beds rival the comfort of five star hotels.

I received a very friendly call in the morning to advise my breakfast tray would be arriving, Janet, the business owner, delivered my tray with superior service that was beyond spectacular. She would be a wonderful service trainer!!!

For a little country luxury, for business or pleasure, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!

Thank you Janet, I will be back!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank AlisonD75
Port Fairy, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have travelled to around 20 countries or more, and have stayed in all sorts of accommodation. some good some not very good at all -This was very different . Rooms are spotless, The bed was so good I nearly slept in for breakfast. Which reminds me that Janet the owner phoned just before breakfast to say, breakfast was on its way. It gives you the chance to be ready for that knock on the door. The Decor of the room was more 5 star , with paintings and bed linen not normally accociated with country motels . The Breakfast of poached eggs and bacon was delicious . Janet was so helpful and accommodating, She is the best host I have ever stayed with. I booked directly through their website, I look forward to staying there again, I travelled with another couple who were upgraded to a Superior room due to some problem that Janet had due to her absence at the time, We were all amazed at this accommodation , My room was no 14 , my friends were in room 9. The Motel is considered a budget motel, but what a Surprise!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aroney
MELBOURNE
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We were attracted to The Junction Motel by the very positive reviews in Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed.The standout for us was what we saw on their website we actually got and as a bonus met Janet and Ross whose care and professionalism showed in the cleanliness and presentation of the motel as a whole. Together with another couple we lodged in an family unit which had a well stocked bar,thoughtful furnishings,very large bathroom,good sized extra bedroom.Because of an early departure we were given a continental breakfast to prepare the evening before. As experienced motel users The Junction Motel rates very highly with us and we would be negletfull if we did not offer our complete recommendation.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MARBAR75
JUNCTIONMOTELM, Owner at Junction Motel Maryborough, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear MARBAR75
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that one of our family rooms ticked all of the required boxes for you. We have taken particular care in all of our advertising to portray our rooms honestly - no trick photography; no photo shopping; and no extra items added to the rooms for advertising purposes. Ross and I hope the four of you continue to enjoy your adventures together. Until next time ...
Melbourne
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Great clean and modern motel . Probably the best budget motel I have stayed in. Light refurbished rooms. They even have a minibar... A rarity for a budget motel !!
Maryboroughs hotels and motels are not the best but this one surprised me! If you are traveling to maryborough then I would suggest this one is probably the best of all.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Wendyprado
JUNCTIONMOTELM, Owner at Junction Motel Maryborough, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Dear Wendy
Thank you for taking the time to review Junction Motel. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us. We have indeed undertaken a full refurbishment of the motel which now means everything is fresh, bright and modern - no exposed brick walls or 70's style furniture! We also believe that by affiliating with Golden Chain, we are part of Australia's largest motel chain and offer our guests value for money accommodation in Maryborough. Hopefully we will see you again when you next visit our beautiful town.
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Janet and Ross run an excellent establishment here at the Junction Motel. Beautifully renovated rooms and great service, with a delicious breakfast to cap it all off. Janet's recommendation of the Park Hotel for dinner was right on the mark, with one of the best pub meals I've ever had. Will be delighted to return when back in Maryborough. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our queen deluxe room was great