“Wonderfully relaxing”
Review of Chimes Spa Retreat

Chimes Spa Retreat
“Wonderfully relaxing”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed for 5 nights and it was lovely. We felt really spoilt, with great breakfasts, friendly service, lovely room- the gardens and views were spectacular. It was quiet, peaceful and relaxed. I had two massages which helped the relaxation. Highly recommended, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorna G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had an amazing stay here over Easter, and despite being over a busy period we felt we had a lot of space and privacy. The view at breakfast every morning was absolutely stunning.
The day spa downstairs was a welcome wind down even with their odd choice of decor!
The staff were attentive and welcoming.
Plus with the Southern End Restaurant within easy walking distance it's the perfect place for an escape away from reality.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Hicksey88
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I left our children at home with their nanna and drove to Denmark for the weekend. We booked the king ocean view room at Chimes Spa Retreat. It was everything we hoped it would be. Quiet, relaxing, romantic and friendly. The rooms are lovely. Very comfy bed, balcony with beautiful views and a big spa bath. Breakfast was lovely. Continental provided was plenty and the hot options were great for a special treat. Loved the fresh, warm damper and jams each morning. We also spent one morning in the spa. This is highly recommended. We didn't want to leave. There's also lots to do and see in the local area. We could of easily spent a week there. Thank you Chimes Spa Retreat for a wonderful weekend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SharonTour
Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My family and I have just come back from staying at "The Cabana" which is a private/ house/accommodation separate from the main Chimes retreat. I would definitely recommend it. Two huge bedrooms with spas, a nice big open plan area overlooking trees and fields, a lovely big wood fire, it is very chilled out and relaxing. Nice big deck to sit out on. We took our big old family dog along. I love that you can take dogs (not allowed in the rooms understandably) but other than that they can have free range of the house (polished concrete floors). Nice and close to the town of Denmark but feels like the middle of the bush. This is my second time and I would go back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Perth
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I spent 4 days at the chimes celebrating my birthday and Valentine's day. We stayed here a few years ago such a lovely place peaceful and quiet. We had Room 8 this time and it was beautiful, with lovely views. The room was very clean. We loved the daily breakfast which was continental, and if you wanted the cooked breakfast you needed to pay (it was reasonably priced) Michelle and Kane are wonderful and also the lovely friendly staff. Loved Ted my wife wanted to take him home with us. I think the rooms need a little upgrade. But having said that overall a lovely relaxing break.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 8 if you can
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We returned for our second stay at Chimes in February 2014, and were not disappointed. This Retreat offers nice rooms in a stunning location, friendly owners and staff, and all the facilities of a day-spa. My partner and I find that we are totally relaxed within an hour from our arrival.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was a lovely little getaway. The room was clean and tidy. The decor could do with a bit of facelift. The fresh baked biscuits and port of an evening were a nice treat. Disappointing that a cooked breakfast wasn't included in the cost, particularly because there was no fresh fruit. I'm not a big fan of sugar or cereal and that was all that was on offer. I had a facial which was amazing, the beautician was fantastic. The salon itself could do with some work. It's a bit run down.

Room Tip: The only down side is that there aren't any places to eat within walking distance.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple