Windrose B&B
US$118
  • Restaurant
Ace Motor Inn(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$73
Agoda.com
Country Comfort Amity Motel Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$82
US$92
Priceline
US$108
US$103
Dog Rock Motel(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$117
Travelocity
US$110
US$105
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewshomemade breadbed and breakfastfrogsmattearplugsguestsforestperthcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I arrived late on Friday, lethargic & tired after a 5 hour drive. Anna, a local of German origin greeted me with a huge smile. I commented on the clarity of the stars in the night sky. She assisted by pointing out and describing the various formations including the Southern Cross.
What first hits you when you arrive is the frogs chorus. It echoes throughout the property. The accommodation is furnished to bring nature to the fore. Sleeping in the eco friendly abode you feel at one and are contributing to a cleaner greener future.
The family hospitality was superb, but the one element that stood out for me was the food. The range, the freshness (the taste of the freshly baked multigrain baguette is something else) of the breakfast was the best start to the day I could have hoped.
Talk about service, Anna's husband guided me round Elephant Rocks, Green Pools and took me to the start of an awesome walk on the Bibulmun Track.
Anna's recommendations about day trip activities were spot on. Her knowledge of native flora and fauna was excellent.
I can't recommend Windrose B&B enough. An example of service and hospitality personified.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed in Windrose B&B late April '13. This is an honest bed and breakfast run by an enthusiastic and a very welcoming host , Anna. Very interested in hearing what we had to say, shared her experience in the region, understood what we expected and recommended excellent routes.

I agree Andrew G (from Brisbane)'s positive comments and I don't mind the negative's he mentioned. Yes the beds can do with a bit of a support. As for the insulation, well the forest room we stayed in, has storage and shower rooms adjoining with the neighbors' so there was a buffer. The people we have stayed with at the same time were all too considerate anyway. We did not hear anything or we were too happy to fall asleep with the incredibly beautiful chorus of frogs. If you find any noise uncomfortable while you comfy earplugs have been though for. What an excellent touch! One of many little beautiful personal touches around the place. It has a communal feel rather than a commercial entity and that's what we loved about this place.

You have to take this place for what it is, which is a brilliant little family B&B. It is so unfair to suggest, like John U from Perth, that no effort has gone into this property. The owner have indeed put a lot of effort and thought into the "concept" of B&B, and the design of rooms. Every room has a different theme, and the overall B&B is focused on wildlife and fauna (mainly frogs) around it. Yes the fridge in the common room is too small for use by one family let alone several people but could it be down to the fact that this place is trying to be carbon / energy natural? Do not look into this B&B through the eyes of a spoilt city slicker rather an environmental enthusiast and you will see that it is a hidden treasure. We felt like we were family friends staying over night and for that privilege it is an absolute bargain!

...Did I mention the delicious breakfast and home made bread?(by the way eggs are fresh from their chickens! What a delight!)

PS: Anna, we are definitely coming back for a longer stay with our little baby girl once she arrives in July :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hakanakah
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Nice, clean rooms with water conscious options. Each room as a theme, and interesting glass inserts with environment motifs in the floor. My husband and I stayed for one night, and had nice rest and delicious breakfast.

There are lots of interesting frog themes and information at this B&B which make it quirky and fun. Anna bakes fresh bread in the mornings with a continental breakfast or cooked breakfast options. A great place for couples and nature lovers. Anna gave us great advice on local hiking trails and waterholes, as well as a lift in her car to them!

Great place to stay. Nice, welcoming hosts. I would come back and recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

A last minute booking was very easy. Plenty of info given on arrival. You are welcomed like you are an old friend, and it's a genuine welcome from the happy people running this place. Breakfast = awesome! High quality food and plenty of it. interesting wildlife, and very convenient location. Thanks very much Anna and Matt, we will be back next time we visit Denmark.

ps. I love that you run this place with the environment in mind.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband and I came to stay for two nights and would have loved to stay longer. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and had some lovely conversations with Anna, Matt and their kids (their daughter was so kind to even find us some frogs at night). The rooms are clean and comfortable - we had the forest room which also contained some interesting info on frogs. At night the frogs are surely the main attraction: a beautiful chorus of frog calls (3 different types at the time) sang us to sleep. After a good night sleep an excellent breakfast awaited us: homemade, warm bread, eggs any style you like, good quality sausages, bacon, fruit, yoghurt, muesli...etc… and fairy wrens hopped around our feet while we ate outside. Matt offered to drive me to the beginning of a 3 hour walkway, so I could enjoy the walk (without wondering how to get my car back) which ends close to the Windrose B&B. All in all - spot on - thank you all for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple