“What an experience”
Review of Windrose B&B

Windrose B&B
Ranked #5 of 17 Denmark B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you are staying in denmark. This is the place to stay. Anna was a delight with a beautiful home made breakfast feast each morning (made to order) and the room has everything but a tv but their is a main room for tv. No issues with this place and will refer others.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 8 November 2013

What a pleasant surprise. As I had booked four months earlier I had completely forgotten what to expect. Being a week night, we were the only guests, so it was completely quiet and private, and we were given our choice of rooms! All the rooms are themed and completely inviting, so you couldn't really go wrong. We did, however, choose the Ocean room which even had a small "beach" inset in to the floor which lit up at night.
Although we could have ventured out for dinner, we chose to grab a couple of bottles of local wine, some bread, cheese and olives and sit outside our room to embrace the natural beauty of our surroundings. As city folk, it was quite a treat.
There is a common room available, but we didn't indulge in TV or internet or any other modern convenience. It was just us, the ducks with their ducklings, and the hundreds of frogs who never stop all night long.
In the morning we ambled down for a freshly brewed coffee, tea, and a choice of fresh fruit and yoghurt, bread and cheese, and toast. Then Anna offered us bacon and eggs. I must say they were the best poached eggs I have had in a long time.......and I have tried a few!
This was my first visit to Denmark (my husband has family originally from there) and I don't know if we will get back again, but thank you Matt and Anna for a very pleasant and memorable stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and are equally as good as each other. If you are a light sleeper though a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay. Great location, rooms really good and brecki was awesome. Could take our dog which when you are moving Interstate is a must. ..
Great room to sit and watch tv with log fire.
Couldn't fault it.
Thank you.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We visited again as we enjoyed our visit so much last time. Owners Matt and Anna were on holiday, but had left the business with Hanny and Else. We were really happy to find they provided the same warm welcome and friendly service. The breakfast was top-notch, and it was wonderful to hear 4 different types of frogs to sing us to sleep.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petay71
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I spent several nights here recently and enjoyed it thoroughly. Anna is a gracious and welcoming host, and both presents a fine breakfast and any help you could possibly need to explore the area. Windrose offers a nice combination of privacy (often rare in a B&B) with sociability, with a well-stocked and attractive common room, and theme-based bedrooms, separate from the house. We never felt underfoot (one reason we don't generally like B&Bs). The wifi was available, although not strong, in the rooms. But it was easy to get, and free, in the common room. Overall, a wonderful place we recommend highly!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We only had a chance to stay a couple of nights here but could have easily stayed longer. The beautiful chorus of the frogs each night was amazing and the breakfast really is as good as everyone else has said. The owners were away on holiday themselves at the time we visited but they will be very pleased to know that the lovely caretakers they put in charge did a fantastic job in their absence. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I arrived late on Friday, lethargic & tired after a 5 hour drive. Anna, a local of German origin greeted me with a huge smile. I commented on the clarity of the stars in the night sky. She assisted by pointing out and describing the various formations including the Southern Cross.
What first hits you when you arrive is the frogs chorus. It echoes throughout the property. The accommodation is furnished to bring nature to the fore. Sleeping in the eco friendly abode you feel at one and are contributing to a cleaner greener future.
The family hospitality was superb, but the one element that stood out for me was the food. The range, the freshness (the taste of the freshly baked multigrain baguette is something else) of the breakfast was the best start to the day I could have hoped.
Talk about service, Anna's husband guided me round Elephant Rocks, Green Pools and took me to the start of an awesome walk on the Bibulmun Track.
Anna's recommendations about day trip activities were spot on. Her knowledge of native flora and fauna was excellent.
I can't recommend Windrose B&B enough. An example of service and hospitality personified.

• Stayed: June 2013