“A little part of Italy comes to the Margaret River region”
Review of Assisi Cafe Ristorante - CLOSED

Assisi Cafe Ristorante
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Using the freshest produce resulting in delectable pizza, pasta, steak and seafood dishes. Assisi Cafe Ristorante provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere for anyone who loves homestyle Italian cuisine making it a relaxing options for families, couples and friends alike. Assisi Restaurant Pizzeria is fully licenced you can choose from a wide variety of white and red wine, beers, spirits and liqueurs to enjoy with or without a meal.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

To be honest we only visited the Assisi Restaurant, located in Dunsborough (Margaret River region), on a Tuesday night because there was virtually nothing else was opened. From now on we will visit every time!

Dunsborough is a lovely small town, or village, and its a perfect location for exploring the wonderful beaches and sampling the great food and wine of the area. Assisi Restaurant is a great example of how an Italian family can set-up a small restaurant that can offer top quality Italian food in the heart of Western Australia's stunning Margaret River region.

Michelle and her husband (from Southern Italy) took over Assisi eight years ago. They employ Italian waiters (we were served by Nicole who looked after us 'perfectly) and Italian chef's; most of who are here on a temporary work visa. That' s our good luck.

On this night, the four of us shared risotto balls and calamari as a shared entree. Delicious. The squid was superb, as was the risotto balls.

The main courses were greeted with similar joy. My pappardelle pasta with duck ragu sauce was one of the nicest meals I have eaten since I was last in Italy three years ago. The other meals-fish, duck, and gnocchi (that my friend raved about)-were all presented using fresh ingredients and were warmly received.

You can bring your own wine or buy it there.

This is a small family restaurant, so if you visit in the middle of the crazy summer holiday season it will be a little noisy and you may have to wait a while. Be patient because this is not "instant" food; being prepared with care and quality ingredients.

Assisi, like most restaurants, works hard to keep good staff. So far, so good. Michelle keeps a good eye on the workings of the restaurant which is a good indicator that this is a professionally run facility. It is.

For good Italian food, happy and efficient service, Assisi is a real find.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Last night I took my elderly Mother and two daughters (aged 9 & 10) to this restaurant. My Mother and I ordered the soup which was a cauliflower/potato/parsley with toasted bread. My two daughters ordered the children meals which was spaghetti bolognaise, and chicken schnitzel We waited for at least 25 minutes for the meals, the children's meals were delivered first. The spaghetti bolognaise was cold, the chicken schnitzel was hard as wood, a normal butter knife could not cut through it. I complained and they took the spaghetti bolognaise back and returned with a warmer version that was not very nice as my daughter put it. The chicken schnitzel they took back and returned with exactly the same, my daughter in tears disappointed she could not have a decent dinner. The staff seemed annoyed rather than sympathetic. My Mother and I quickly ate our soup which was quite average, the toasted bread they gave my Mother was so charred that she could not eat it, she asked for another piece but was told she would have to pay for another piece. However a few moments later they returned with a piece of bread that they offered on the house!
When asking for the bill they deleted the Chicken Schnitzel that is normally $11 - I thank them for that. We payed $35.00 for two simple soups and 1 child's meal. A total waste of time, we will never return to this restaurant. Never!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This restaurant had great food, brilliant customer service and a lovely atmosphere.
I would recommend it to anyone visiting dunsborough looking for a delicious Italian meal.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We recently dined at Assisi Restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I had the Papadelle al Snapper which was delicious! It was full of flavour with fresh fish and mussels! Yum My girlfriend had the Roast Duck. It was a big serve (half a Duck!!) She really enjoyed it! The skin was crispy and the meat very juicy and tender. We both shared a Tiramisu for dessert which was amazing! Very resonably priced restaurant with excellent service.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I ate in this popular restaurant one evening when I stayed in Dunsborough in mid November. The food was good. However, it seemed a bit much to pay $5 for 8 tiny pieces of bread and 2 small portions of butter. The bread was nothing special, which I think that it should have been at that price!