“Great place!!”

Bayshore Beachside Resort
“Great place!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

What a great place!! We loved it!! One of the nicest placed I've been to!! We were there for a Family Wedding & 4 of us stayed there it had everything you need & it was idyllic peacefull !!!! Close to the Town Centre highly recommended would definetly stay again!!!!

• Stayed April 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Perth
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The interior of the three bedroom accomodation was perfect. Clean, comfortable and well furnished. The amenities were pretty lacking, no pool and the games area was pretty run down. The location backing onto a creek and the beach out front just superb.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back or front as it a little tight in the middle
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

3 adults enjoyed a week in a 3-bedroom unit. Our spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit was perfect for us and provided enough comforts to be cosy and homely and with the well equipped kitchen we were able to dine in or out as required. The location was perfect with the beach only 200 metres away and the main Dunsborough shops a short drive or l5 minute walk away. Dunsborough central has all the shops necessary to stay here without venturing further afield. We chose to travel around the area between Margaret River/Busselton/Bunkers Bay and found Bayshore the perfect home base for our sightseeing. Wineries, caves, Cape Naturaliste lighthouse, animal farms for the kids, fun station, Busselton jetty as well as the well maintained local park make for a perfect family holiday destination. The staff were easily approachable and helpful and we would recommend Bayshore Beachside Resort for couples or families for their next holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We would stay here again if we come to Dunsborough in the future :) it was comfortable and clean with lovely BBQ facilities, close to Dunsborough town and beautiful quiet beach close by.

There were 4 adults who stayed the weekend here in a 2 bedroom apartment. There was plenty of room and the living space was great.

• Stayed February 2014
Glenside
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The personal service from the owners was welcoming, the beach idyllic. Bbq facility by the river was an unexpected bonus and the walk into town, while further than I thought, was very pleasant. Duns borough is beautiful and close to all the wineries and beach , caves etc . Loved it here

• Stayed April 2014
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have just returned from a 3-night stay at the Bayshore Beachside Resort and we were very impressed by all the 'resort' had to offer. The term 'resort' is a little misleading as it would suggest that the place has a swimming pool (it doesn't) but it does have a newly surfaced tennis court, playground and and good games-room. To be honest, we didn't expect too much from the place as we booked our stay using a Cudo or Groupon voucher; it was very inexpensive (even with paying a small surcharge for an upgrade to a 3-bedroom villa so that our family of five could be accommodated) so we figured that it would be a 2.5 -star place at best.

WOW were we wrong! The 3-bedroom villa was spacious, impeccably clean, modern and well-equipped, even having free Wi-Fi. There is a lovely grassed area out the back to sit and relax. The Toby Inlet runs behind the grounds and is a very pretty spot as well to sit and watch the bird life. The beach is across the road, just follow the sandy track through the peppermint trees.

The only complaint was the odd lack of crockery in the unit. Glasswear, cutlery and pots/pans - all OK, but having just 2 plates (1 x small plastic one and 1 x large serving platter sized one) and a few mismatched bowls doesn't really cut it for a villa accommodating up to 8 people! Perhaps this was just an oversight in our particular unit (Number 19).

Note that the 'resort' is not actually in the Dunsborough townsite - it is a few kilometres east along the beach front, in Quindilup. It'd be a fair walk into town, but just a quick drive or a nice bike ride away.

But all in all, this place comes highly recommended from us. It surpassed our expectations and we would stay at the Bayshore again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My family and I stayed one night at the 8 bed villa and although the place was lovely, the service was terrible. Due to personal circumstances my family and I arrived to the villa at 5pm which was 4 hours later than our arranged check-in time. I apologised profusely for our lateness but I was greeted with a disgruntled Bruce and the comment, "I thought you were going to come in at 1 but look at that, it's 5pm." I accepted the remark and moved on. When I booked the villa I was under the knowledge that there would only be 8 adults. However, due to an unexpected event, we had to add 2 children to our party, aged 3 and 6. I explained our situation to Bruce and apologised for this sudden changes and offered to pay more for his troubles. I was met with the remark: "YOU PEOPLE always do this, you always try to squeeze more people in."

As an Asian-Australian family, I was very confused and upset about this statement. From my point of view, his statement was quite rude and discriminatory. I understand that he was upset and my family and I were in the wrong, but for someone running a business in the service and hospitality industry, shouldn't he be more courteous towards his guests? I'm grateful that he let us keep our booking but I really believe that no matter how upset he was with us, he should've treated us with more respect. When I wrote him an email about this issue I was met with the reply: "Sorry for being rude apologize" which was as insincere as it seems. Overall, great place, terrible service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank NatKardian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunsborough
Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,379 reviews
Ramada Resort Dunsborough
Ramada Resort Dunsborough
#4 of 20 in Dunsborough

Been to Bayshore Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!