“Great Day.”
Review of Flametree Wines

Flametree Wines
Ranked #18 of 46 things to do in Dunsborough
More attraction details
Owner description: Flametree Cellar Door and Winery is located on the picturesque shores of Geographe Bay, at the gateway to one of the world's great wine producing regions - the Margaret River Wine Region. By winning Australia's most well-known and respected wine accolade, the Jimmy Watson Memorial Trophy, with their first ever red wine, Flametree Wines has firmly established themselves in the upper echelon of Margaret River wine producers. Proving that this accolade was not a coincidence and that Flametree was actually deserving of the prestigious award, the next vintage was also a finalist in the following years' show. This unprecedented success has since continued, with many critic reviews and awards. The welcoming and impressive Cellar Door building has a Hampton beach house style of architecture and is a must see when visiting the region. With an open fire place, inviting deck and beautiful gardens the Flametree Cellar Door is suitable for visiting at any time of the year. While you're visiting taste the range of Flametree wines, browse the current art exhibition and range of merchandise. The friendly cellar door team offer a casual and relaxed wine tasting experience, with no pretension just the pleasure of exceptional wines. Supporting the local art community, Flametree exhibits local art throughout the year. Open daily 10am - 5pm. Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Good Friday & Anzac morning.
“Great Day.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have been a long time customer and will often pop through when the opportunity arises but a few weeks ago I was able to stay longer than I would normally due to a wedding near by. The lovely lady who was behind the cellar door, I think her name was Courtney, was outstanding with her knowledge, service and her friendly nature. This in turn allowed my friends to experience some great wines and also join me in purchasing more than one case. Great day, great wine, great cellar door!!

Visited October 2013

Sydney, Australia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Lovely cellar door and great reds”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Nice modern cellar door and they have one of the best Cab Merlot blends in Australia. Instantly signed up to a regular delivery of a dozen every 6 months.

Visited April 2013
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Picturesque winery, dreadful service”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I dropped in to this winery with my husband on the way back from Yallingup cave. It was just after lunch. I greeted the young lady behind the bar and mentioned how quiet it was, due to the rain. She replied its never really quiet. I looked around at the lovely display of wine/jams etc. She made absolutely no effort to see if I needed help or if I could I try a wine. I asked if I could sample a particular red, she put a few drops in a glass. She looked annoyed at being at work. There was no ambience, clearly just got this girl on a Monday who didn't give a dam. Such a shame. I still got a bottle of Cab Sauv as I promised my neighbour I would. However, will think twice before I recommend this one to anyone.

Visited July 2013
FlametreeWines, Manager at Flametree Wines, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Simone,

Thank you for your review and I am really sorry that you felt that way about your visit to Flametree Wines.

Our staff are trained to be very accommodating but not over the top or intrusive.

The young lady who was working on Monday is our star performer, just last month in June, we received this email from another customer.

"Thanks once again for putting on a good tasting with your usual fabulous wines this long weekend just gone. I had an excellent time going through your new vintages on release and brought back to Perth a few SRS wines. And a particular commendation if I may, and if you could pass it on, to the lady running the settings on Saturday late afternoon, the 1st of June. I didn't catch her name but she was running the entire place on her own. I was there from about 4:15 until 5:00 and the place was absolutely jam packed. There was a queue to get to the tasting bar! Even at 5:00 it was still steaming packed. She ran the place with aplomb, never missed a beat, kept everyone happy, supplied, well served and sold good stuff to happy customers. She was outstanding and I would like to pass on my thanks and ask if you could pay her a special compliment for her brilliant work and customer service. She's a gem and a great asset to Flametree."

Once again, I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit and hope that this will not deter you from visiting again in the future.

Belinda Hopkins
Sales & Marketing Manager
08 9756 8577
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice wine and great service”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We visited this winery on Saturday 23.02.13 in the morning as part of a tour and it was refreshing to be served by someone who offered not only details about their wine, but the correct way in which to sample and "taste" wine. She (sorry, forgot your name) answered all of our questions and was very clear in describing each wine and their characteristics. Showing customers howe to taste correctly should be a step wineries should take for individuals who may not have a broad knowledge about wine and the correct way to taste. Lovely building and there is also the opportunity to purchase some local produce and other items. Will drop by again.

Visited February 2013
“I found the best wine”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

when we went to flametree winery i found the best wine that i liked and didn't feel seedy the next day

Visited January 2013