“Restaurant closed when times say open”
Review of La Casina

La Casina
Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Dunsborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for a place to eat in Dunsborough, look no further than La Casina. Located in a beautiful semi-rural setting halfway between Dunsborough and Yallingup, La Casina Restaurant offers diners picturesque, tranquil surroundings together with plenty of rustic charm. La Casina is the perfect place to offer you delicious Italian food matched with Italian or Australian wines in Dunsborough - Yallingup Restaurant.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Drove to lunch on Sunday 18th May 2014 arrived @time of opening 12 noon waited till 12:15pm no sign of any personnel or lights on, walked around the building with no sign of activity. The front entrance was locked and still displayed the opening times so we presumed business is open but to our frustration we then drove away to another restaurant for lunch. Obviously if the restaurant had a display that they were closed for some reason it would have been helpful. Bill from Perth

Jasmine B, General Manager at La Casina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Hi Bill, sorry for the inconvenience, but we would like to explain that on the front door there was a sign on top of the menù that clearly explained that we were closed for a short break from Monday 12th May to Thursday 22nd reoponing Friday 23rd..If you had called the restaurant number that is also displayed you would have heard the message about us being closed..
It was also mentioned on our website homepage and the local paper..
We hope to see you another time soon..
Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My extended family and I again chose La Casina to celebrate Mothers Day this year.....what an exceptional lunch we had!!

We had a table of 10 in total (5 of which were Mums) and all of us Mums received a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival, what a nice start!!

The food was simply amazing, each dish was authentic and delicious, my Spaghetti Marinara was superb, the pasta was cooked al dente and my request for no mussels or squid was not a problem and I instead had a generous serve of fish and prawns through out the pasta.. My husband had the hand made ravioli with spinach and ricotta, it was also delicious. My son had a generous childs meal of fish, but was still hungry and when we requested a half serve of one of the main pasta dishes our request was met with a "no problem, we can do that".

I love the fact that at this restaurant you are made to feel so welcome, it is like dining with family, the hospitality offered by the owners Alan and Nicola is second to none. Glasses are always topped up and any requests are met with a smile and a can do attitude.

The desserts were something else! The Mousse and the Tiramisu where stunning......as was the Afogato.

I cant wait to visit again, and my family and I have decided this is now going to be an established tradition to celebrate every Mothers Day at La Casina. Well done La Casina team, keep up the excellent work, your food and service is something truly special!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were on a weekend away from Perth and rocked up to La Casina, Mothers Day dinner without a booking.
Thank goodnes it was not a busy night and a lovely lady mad us feel very welcome. She gavie me a complimentary glass of champagne as it was Mothers Day and then a beautiful meal to follow.
We will be back.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Came here with my family from Perth and everyone loved the food.
The service is always lovely and the chef always delivers a amazing plate every time.
I have been spreading the word - so and every friend of mine that has tried has loved it and keep going back.
So nice to see a local family doing so well. Will see you again soon :)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Really loved the food. Didn't leave a scrap from scallop entree. Pork belly was very tender, crispy skin...the way it should be done. Swordfish was cooked was vege etc filling. Very clever