“Best tour we have ever done”
Review of Ningaloo Reef Dreaming - CLOSED

Ningaloo Reef Dreaming
More attraction details
Owner description: Ningaloo Dreaming is under new management - same great tours, same great team, new owner-manager, all committed to doing things wonderfully well so you have an awesome day out on the water.Ningaloo Dreaming is all about whaleshark tours, and diving and snorkel trips, that are wonder-full, fun and safe. Our aim is simple – we want you to rave about us to friends, family and fellow travellers because you’ve had one of the best days of your life out on the water with us.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best tour we have ever done”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We have done many tours around the world, but the experience we had on this tour was equal if not the best of any we have done. We have 3 kids, 10, 7 and 5 yo and they all were able to swim with the whalesharks. They were blown away. But it was not just the "blow me away" experience of seeing these massive and gentle creatures up close, but the whole day. Snorkelling on the Ningaloo reef, a delicious lunch, hanging out with the very friendly and enthusiastic staff, and doing back flips off the boat into turquoise waters. Everything was great. And then to come back to the friendly staff of the shop and see and download (for free) all the photos taken of the day. WOW
We highly recommend.

Visited April 2013

Cambewarra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ningaloo whaleshark swim (ningaloo dreaming)”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We were picked up by two very enthusiastic young girls who made everyone feel welcome and positive. Nothing was too much for the whole crew and they constantly asked how you were going and watched out for you. Even though the crew were all young they showed their enthusiasm and professionalism throughout the day. The rules and regulations of snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming with whale sharks were clearly stated and adhered to by all the crew. They were serious and careful about their jobs but also passionate and environmentally aware on land and in the sea. We had a wonderful adventure with this company and would recommend them to all who come to Exmouth to see whale sharks, dugongs, turtles and manta rays.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Melanie B
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Terrible - Our trip was ruined!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Like other reviews on this site our trip to Exmouth was ruined by Ningaloo Reef Dreaming.

I had looked on tripadvisor before booking and seen that they had been given some really bad feedback but it said they were under new management and I thought that it would be good book through them and be able to start them off with new positive comments.... massive error!

We too booked and paid in full months before our trip. A couple of days before arriving in Ningaloo I was called by a staff member and asked to change the date of our dive. I informed them that unforunately we were only in Ningaloo for one full day so would have to stick with our booked time slot.

We arrived in Ningaloo the day before our scheduled trip and went to find the office to confirm our pick-up for the morning but found it closed with no out of hours number available.
There was nothing to do but to head there in the morning and wait to be collected as our confirmation documents stated.

We got there early and waited, and waiting, and waited... noone arrived. I went back to our hotel and asked at reception if they had a number we could call - they didnt, but really kindly got in their car and drove to the pier to see if they could find out what was going on.

When they came back they told us that all the boats had gone out for the day and they didnt know why we hadnt been picked up.

All we could then do was wait for the office to open to find out why we had been forgotten.

At 9.30 (after 3 hours of waiting!) someone arrived to open up - seeing us sitting on the steps (me in tears and my partner fuming) she stepped past us without a word and walked into the shop.

When we followed her in and asked why we hadnt been picked up for our booked trip her response was 'how would I know, ive just got here' followed by 'oh yes, we cancelled todays trip, we tried to call you'...

One thing to note with Ningaloo is that there is no Vodafone signal (at all)- which unfortunately is the network I was on.
The company had apparently tired calling me the night before to book us onto a different tour but getting no answer just cancelled our booking.
Its well known in the area that there is no Vodafone signal, so I find it incredible that a tour operator doesnt have a back up mode of communication or let people know this in advance so they can confirm the best way to contact people in an emergency!

The girl we dealt with was, the most unhelpful person I have ever come across. She was in no bothered that we had travelled all the way from Sydney just to be on this trip, offered no apology and blamed us for only being in Ningaloo for one day!

We were given a refund for trip but nothing to cover our flights or accomodation.

It was a completely ruined experience and unfortunately probably the only chance we'll ever have at ever swimming with the whale sharks.

If we were ever to go back we certainly wouldnt go near Nigaloo Reef dreaming - there are plenty of other operators who have nothing but great praise.

From recent reviews, nothing seems to have changed since our experience. Just dont take the chance on these shoddy cowboys!

Visited July 2012
5 Thank Shammond1
Waterford
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Do not book this operator!”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

First of all Ningaloo and the general Exmouth / Coral Bay area is amazing and definitely worth a visit. We were short for time up there so I planned and booked activities well in advance to make the most of our time.

I booked a full day diving trip with Ningaloo Dreaming, and paid in full approx two months before arriving. The company said they would contact me close to the time to confirm everything and to ensure they had the numbers which seemed reasonable to me.

So a day before the trip I arrived in Exmouth, still no contact from Ningaloo dreaming so I called to the shop and nobody was there. I presumed they were out on the water (as the sign on the door said!), so I turned up the next day expecting everything to be ok.

There was no sign of anyone at the meeting point at the shop or the marina, and I couldn't get in touch with with any of the owners. I did bump into a guy down at the marina who gave me the owners mobile number, he told me he used to work for them and informed me that they are closed in the quiet season and that the woman I booked with had gone off on holidays! I thought that was a nice touch...she headed off on holidays without even a phone call to cancel while almost ruining my holiday!

After a lot of effort and a long delay they did refund my money and threw in a little interest on top of the refund. Fair enough but a completely unprofessional outfit that I would never book through again. I was happy to get my refund but they came quiet close to ruining a holiday I had planned a long time in advance but luckily I got in on trips with other operators.

There is mention of a change of management on this page but from my very recent (Jan 2013) experience not a lot has changed with this company. One or two of the original people are still involved it would seem and well they won't go very far in business.

Totally unreliable. Do not book with this company. There are a few other operators - Whale shark n dive in Exmouth (who have the Navy Pier license - AMAZING), and Ningaloo reef dive in Coral Bay both of which I did manage to dive with who were totally professional and I am sure a lot more reliable.

Don't take a chance and have your trip to this amazing part of the world ruined, pay a few extra dollars and go with the more established and more professional companies, you won't be let down. These guys seem to have history going on the other reviews on here.

I'm only sorry I didn't check trip advisor in advance.

Visited January 2013
9 Thank BF_Ireland
Perth, Scotland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very Average”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Had a day out on Ningaloo reef with this company and, well I wish i had done a bit more research in advance. The staff are very young and really lack both the knowledge and the people skills required to raise this company above average. I have a good basic knowledge of marine ecology and was attracted by their advertising which stated that a marine biologist would always be aboard -were if they were they were not obvious, our snorkelling companion said ' are you seeing lots of nice colourful THINGS' well, yes, but could you perhaps let me know what they may be called? And noone mentioned anything other than a very basic description of Humpback whales. However, they were all very nice and chilled, and I believe they tried very hard to find us a whale shark but actually we spent very little time snorkelling in deep water and the shallow water experience was surpassed by our trip to Turquoise Bay the next day. Sorry folks, had I had more time to study the options I do not think I would have come along with you....and it was expensive for a boat trip and 30 mins snorkelling.

Visited July 2012