“AMAZING!! Best crew, best price, best experience”
Review of Ningaloo Reef Dreaming - CLOSED

Ningaloo Reef Dreaming
More attraction details
Owner description: Ningaloo Dreaming is under new management - same great tours, same great team, new owner-manager, all committed to doing things wonderfully well so you have an awesome day out on the water.Ningaloo Dreaming is all about whaleshark tours, and diving and snorkel trips, that are wonder-full, fun and safe. Our aim is simple – we want you to rave about us to friends, family and fellow travellers because you’ve had one of the best days of your life out on the water with us.
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We went to Exmouth in March/April 2013. We called 2 weeks before arriving in Exmouth and the Receptionist was so lovely over the phone. We called around several charter boats but Ningaloo dreaming had the best to offer in terms of price, guarantee and availability.
The crew members were lovely, accomodating and attended to each and every customer on the boat. I liked that they got to know each and everyone of us - the group was so diverse - families, young couples, mature couples, international tourists. They all took the time to get to know us and make sure that we were all ok and happy. They were very informative about Exmouth providing lots of education info right from when they picked us up from our hotel talking to us about the navy pier, the light house, the reef - right through to being on the boat and talking about all the different types of sea creatures we would come across!
The spotter plane was the company's and not rented which meant that we got first dibs on the whale sharks which meant more swimming time! We spotted our first whale shark and headed off - we were the only ones in the site and the staff made sure that everyone got a good swim, it wasnt long before another charter boat turned up but our spotter plane had spotteed ANOTHER whale shark that was bigger so we went to find it! Again we were the only ones there so we all got a good amount of swim time and by the end we were all exhausted!! After spending a couple of hours with the whaleshark, our amazing spotter plane found ANOTHER whaleshark! After feeling a little seasick and being exhausted from swimming with 2 whalesharks I had no interest in swimming again however the friendly Skipper encouraged me to as it was a BABY whaleshark 2.5m! I am so glad I did because it was such an incredible experience! The staff were amazing!! They fed us plenty of food and drinks and didnt leave until we were all satisfied! That wasnt the end though, after asking everyone on the boat countless times if we had seen enough of whalesharks, they eventually took us to shallow waters to enjoy snorkelling. We saw turtles, reef sharks, sting rays and plenty of fish. Safety was always number one and the crew were very attentive and made it their priority to make sure we were ok and happy. I highly recommend Ningaloo Reef Dreaming whether you want to swim with whalesharks or not - it is the BEST day you will ever have and the BEST way to experience Exmouth and Ningaloo Reef. They cater to everyone! There was a young family with kids under the age of 5 and they had the best time also! The crew also had a camera and were always taking photos of everyone. I even lost my camera in the water and the crew found it!!! I can't wait to come back!!

1  Thank ChrissyV2487

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I went out with the original Ningaloo Dreaming crew in 2010 in September and didn't see a whaleshark (bummer - but did swim with manta rays instead). They did give me a voucher valid for three years to try again. The new owners were quick to respond & honour the voucher, so we did a quick trip up from Esperance to Exmouth specifically for the whaleshark swim. Well, I'd had a great day in 2010, but my 2013 trip topped it off. We had max time with a couple of different whalesharks, turtles and a big pack of migrating humpies. The skipper on the boat was incredible - really maxed our time in the water with the whalesharks, plus the in water crew were knowledgable and enthusiastic. I really couldn't recommend them highly enough. I do recommend spending at least a couple of days in Exmouth if you plan to do this activity as conditions are changeable on the reef.

1  Thank CardiKat
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I chose Ningaloo Reef Dreaming to do my open water dive license while we were on vacation in Western Australia. I chose them because they were very responsive on e-mail and I liked the SSI system of learning that they teach versus PADI. Helpfully, they allowed me to complete all of my book training online -- I just took the test when I arrived in Exmouth. They even found a couple of others who would take the class with me. About a week out, while we were driving up from Perth, I recieved a message that the others had had to drop out of the class. However, Ningaloo Reef Dreaming decided to allow me to continue my course in a class of one. They honestly did not have to do this and I actually had not even paid up front. But they did agree because they are nice, very respectful people.

I was taught by Martin, who is an excellent dive instructor with a great demeanor. Because I was in a class by myself, they arranged for me to do two of my five dives during an Eco Cruise, which was also a fantastic experience. While the others were snorkeling the fantastic ningaloo reef, I was doing my dives. On the way back in, even though it was September, the captain and his eagle eye spotted a juvenile whale shark, so we were able to do a "bonus" swim alongside of a whale shark -- clearly one of the highlights of my two months travels.

I got my dive license and had a great time doing it. Instead of a first dive in a swimming pool, we went off a boat near the tantabiddi pier, which was a great way to learn -- nice to see some blue damsels right off the bat. The equipment was top notch and I felt I learned enough to be comfortable diving the GBR adn in Tahiti, even though the equipment I used there was not as good as the Ningaloo Reef Dreaming equipment. Their boat was also really great, well up to the task.

In sum, this was a fantastic experience. I felt well taken care of and enjoyed every minute of my dive licensing course. I cannot recommend Ningaloo Reef Dreaming enough. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a question on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

From the moment the bus picked my sister and I up from Potshot Resort, I was already impressed and confident that I had made the right decision in choosing Reef Dreaming/Ningaloo Whaleshark Swim. The bus was covered in their iconic indigenous design, and the two staff members were enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

After arriving at the boat ramp we went across to the main vessel and got fitted with snorkels and fins, all of which clean and in good condition. Then we were briefed on all of the procedures and regulations regarding our contact with the whalesharks. As the crew had spotted many jellyfish the day before, they gave us the option of using a wetsuit which was embraced by all, these were also clean and in good condition. We then all got in the water for our practice snorkel. A couple of children still got stung but the staff were amazing with them, telling jokes and giving them a soft toy to play with to help with the pain.

Within 5 minutes of the spotter plane being sent out we got our first whaleshark! From then on we got to spend the full hour with 2 more whale sharks and even a manta ray! The expertise and skill of the company was demonstrated as many other companies still hadn't nabbed a shark and we were on our third!

Throughout the day the staff seemed to have an endless supply of energy and enthusiasm which really made the day memorable. There was some great music cranking, delicious food and drink provided and the whole day whilst tiring, was a great success. The indigenous and conservation information provided after the swim was a great added bonus, allowing passengers to really feel involved and informed.

The only criticism is in regards to the photos, whilst Reef Dreaming/Ningaloo Whaleshark Swim advertises free photos included in the price (as opposed to other companies charging an additional $60) the quality of the photos were a bit of a disappointment. Our photographer (who was a trainee at the time) was not in the water enough with both groups so our photos of the day missed a lot of people. It was impossible to distinguish from the photos who was who which was a real shame. Perhaps it would have been good to have an experienced photographer in the water as well as the trainee.

Apart from this the day was absolutely perfect and I highly recommend this company to make your dream of swimming with the gentle giants come true!