“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Exmouth B&B and Inns
suffolk
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

This is a really good B and B, comfortable beds, spacious rooms with lovely en-suites and best of all the hosts, Sheila and John. They were exceedingly helpful advising us on where to go for dinner, which beaches were best, the trips to do etc, they also lent us snorkelling equipment, a shade tent, eski and spare beach towels.
Good range of cereals, yoghurt, breads and a multitude of different jams at breakfast time.
Highly recommend

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hubblybubbly
SheilaBeer, Owner at Ningaloo Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you Hubblybubbly for that lovely review, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your holiday in Exmouth. Its also good to know that our advice is accurate and helpful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed two nights with warm and friendly hosts Sheila and John. Whilst the B&B is on the outskirts of Exmouth the peace and quiet is what we wanted. At the night the sky is lit up by the brilliant stars and if you are lucky a satelite will pass you by. Shiela is a wealth of information and John's breakfast was most enjoyable and more than adequate nourishment. Keep your eyes open for the emu and kangaroos. Nero's cafe at the boat club, recommended by Sheila is a great place to dine. Would stay with John and Sheila when we return to Exmouth.

Room Tip: For peace and quiet this is the palce for you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Discover-it
SheilaBeer, Owner at Ningaloo Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you Discover-it for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Many people remark on how quiet it is here, it's lovely to get woken up by birdsong not motor bikes. The emu and chick still visits most days along with other wildlife, the lizards have had their babies and it's lovely to see the little ones running around, the birds have been numerous and entertaining, sheltering on the verandah in great numbers in the heat of the day. Stargazing is pretty spectacular too being away from town. Thanks
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

A comfortable room, a queen bed you could sleep forever in & a nice ensuite. It's clean & quiet, has a warm country cottage atmosphere, & feels like a home away from home.
The breakfast is amazing - delicious & aplenty. Loved the fig & ginger jam. Our hosts Sheila & John are beautiful souls!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katie C
Thank you Katie C for your kind comments, Although lots of people remark on the comfort of the beds, I didn't realise just how nice they are until I borrowed one myself a few weeks ago, they are pretty good aren't they. Please accept my apology for the late reply but it was brought to my attention that I had been remiss. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay, we do like to present a good breakfast! Thanks
Albany, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed with Sheila Beer and her husband at Ningaloo B&B on our last night in Exmouth. What a lovely place and so peaceful & quiet (not that Exmouth is a bustling city anyway!). Our room was nicely decorated and had an ensuite bathroom and a Queen bed - my husband and I are over 6ft tall and so a Queen bed was fantastic as we had been on Double beds for a week. We were the only guests at the B&B for the night (there are 3 rooms in total) and so we were able have the shared lounge to ourselves. This was great since my husband really wanted to watch the AFL. Sheila recommended Whalers Restaurant to eat at and we amazed at the awesome food (but that's a different review) and in the morning she had laid out the most amazing continental breakfast EVER! Fell in love with the Mango & Pineapple Jam that she had - and gosh darn it - I cannot find it in the shops anywhere!!
Another good thing was that they let us hang around on our last day till after midday until our plane left rather than waiting at the airport.
Overall a lovely place, lovely people and a pretty good price!

Thanks Sheila!! Will see you again!

Room Tip: B&B is a little bit further out of town so if you don't have a car its a bit of a trek to th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jen H
Thank you JenR for your nice comments. I am really glad you enjoyed your Exmouth holiday and your stay with us. It has been pointed out to me that I hadn't replied to these reviews, my apologies. The jam I got at IGA but they are having difficulty getting it too, but I agree, it is pretty nice stuff. Thanks
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I had booked to stay at this B&B for five nights however then extended it a further two nights. The owners of the B&B, John and Shelia are very helpful and gladly give you useful information on local resources to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible. They are very genuine, kind people. The B&B was comfortable, very clean and had a nice homely feel to it. The breakfast was lovely, cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast, jam, fresh fruit juices, tea, coffee. There is also a microwave and access to plates / cutlery / tea / coffee if you want to eat within the B&B. We also brought our little puppy who was able to sleep in her crate on the veranda. All in all we had a great stay and certainly plan on returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review. It was pointed out to me that I hadn't replied to your review so I do apologise for that. I am really glad you had a good stay with us and enjoyed your holiday in Exmouth. The puppy enjoyed it too and must be really big now.
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Ningaloo B&B. Shelia and John were perfect hosts. Every morning our breakfast table was set at our convenience. Sleeping in late-no problem. Rising early-no problem. Upon arrival, Shelia sat us down, pulled out a map of the area and proceeded to cover everything we needed to know to make our visit enjoyable. They supply all the esentials you will need for a day at the beach including snorkelling equipment. They are located a few kilometers outside of town to the south. We hired our own car.

The town of Exmouth is on the east side while the reef is on the west side. This results in a fair amount of travel required to visit the Ningaloo reefs. Coral Bay is 148 k from Exmouth. We never made the trip to Coral Bay. We found plenty to keep us occupied near Exmouth including swimming with the whale sharks. That was the highlight of the trip. There are numerous vendors to choose from to swim with the whale sharks. We choose Ninagloo Blue owned by Peter. We were very pleased with our choice. They picked us up at Ningaloo B&B.

There are also numerous lodging options to choose from at Exmouth. We were very happy with our choice. I believe you too will enjoy a stay at Ningaloo Bed & Breakfast!

Mitch and Rachel Marzec

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mitch m
Thank you micth m for your kind remarks and we are really glad you had a good holiday in Exmouth. We have stayed in places ourselves where mealtimes are fairly inflexible and it just doesn't work, sometimes after an early morning you just want a bit more sleep. It was pointed out to me that I hadn't replied to reviews so I do apologise for being late.
East Sussex
Reviewed 2 August 2013

First of all, you definitely need a car to stay here as it is quite a way from town. But you will need a car to explore the area anyway. We arrived from the airport on the shuttle bus on a Sunday, and Sheila and John helped us find a hire car and dropped us in town. Sheila has a wealth of knowledge and advice about the area, including the best restaurants. This is much nicer than staying in one of the busy, noisy chalet parks in town. A pretty, remote setting, and short walk to a beach and a 5 minute drive into town for shopping and eating. It's a beautiful area to explore and the whale shark trip was great. Sheila will tell you the best snorkelling beaches, and will basically help you with anything! We liked Milly's place for eating, but the Sri Lankan veggie curry at the pub was also great, and the Pizza place was fine. It's very friendly - we met two other charming couples also staying at Sheila's. Really, it could not have been better in any way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you East Sussex Florence for your lovely comments. I thought I had replied to this but it was pointed out to me that I hadn't so I do apologise. Yes we are 6 kms from town and although it is a short 5 minutes drive it is a long walk but the visitations from emus and kangaroos and other wildlife well and truly makes up for it, the birds have been amazing this year.