“long wait for very average food”

Golden Orchid Chinese
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Brisbane, Australia
“long wait for very average food”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

the Thai Tom Yum and fish cakes were definitely out of a packet :(
and the chicken curry just tasted like Keens curry powder.
Plate of bok choi was nice though

Visited April 2014

North Houston, Texas
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Average Chinese food. The service was quick. The fried rice wasn't bad, but not note worthy. There were only a few people in the restaurant, so that was probably telling about the food.

Visited October 2013
Bunbury
“Take Away”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had the Sweet and Sour Pork as a Take Away it was very nice had a bit of a different take on the sweet sauce which made this a very nice meal.

Visited September 2013
Geraldton
“Put off going again”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I had just travelled 8 hours in a car on my own and just wanted a quick take away to take to my room and go to sleep. After I had ordered I was subject to a sales pitch about coffee the owner was importing and selling. She had to get other people to also join and sell under her. Very much like a pyramid scheme. I wanted to leave but had paid for my dinner and was still waiting for it . Was asked for my phone , email ect. Felt like I was in Bali except in Australia I do mind. Food was ok and would go again but don't want to go through the same sales pressure.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Good food and friendly service”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Visited this Chinese in Exmouth with friends we were travelling with and we hadn't been for a meal out for a while. Were very pleasantly surprised with the food and service as both were very good. Our Satay chicken was as good as we've had anywhere, the Szechuan beef was delicious and the medium hot Curry dishes our friends had were very good, although they wished they'd gone for the hotter ones. We enjoyed the evening and our Malaysian waitress Linda was very friendly and amusing and even sold our friends some green tea she told us would be beneficial to our health. Thoroughly recommend this Restaurant and when back in Exmouth will visit again...

• Visited August 2013