“Value for money”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Exmouth
Perth, Australia
“Value for money”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I booked a single backpacker room and arrived to find I had been upgraded to a Homestead room at no extra cost. the rooms are very basic but clean although the walls are extremely thin. I could hear the comversations my neighbours were having and did not need to set an alarm as theirs was clearly audible. Thank goodness the aircon was noisy so the white noise from that at night helped me sleep.

The kitchen for the residents did not have many basics incuding knives although I was assured these should have been there so must have been sampled by guests. The gas stoves did not auto ignite. I did not have matches and nor were any provided, so I was grateful for some ingenious co residents who used rolled paper to light off existing burners. The exhaust fans also did not work so the kitchen really needs some work. However, given that I only paid backpacker rates, and that was discounted by 10% for booking through the Exmouth Dive Centre, I guess you can't expect 5 star.

I didnt like fimding baby cockroaches in my room either but guess you have to expect that in the bush.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times for a beer nice and cold and $21.60 for a jug not bad. Mix of backpacker oldies on a bus tour and locals. Out door area Is great for relaxing and chilling. Service is good if u can get to the bar.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed here in the school holidays so there was nowhere else to stay in Exmouth or we would have left immediately. The apartment smelled of drains, it was tiny, badly equipped and not serviced once in the 6days we stayed. Externally the place is a mess with broken fences, piles of rubble and no street lighting. It felt very unsafe for our young children.
My advice would be to try and stay any where else but the potshot.

1 Thank susiefisher77

Travellers are raving about these Exmouth hotels

West Aussie
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were not planning on staying here, so as a last minute decision and only wanting a room, we opted for the Potshot.

The check-in staff was friendly and efficient, as we found all the staff to be during our brief stay. We asked for a room in a quieter area, and ended up on the ground floor of the double storey block. It seemed quiet enough, and clean enough, but was very very dated. Did I read somewhere that the hotel had been upgraded? maybe I dreamt it.

Anyway, the quiet ended at approx. 2:30am. I don't have a problem with a guest returning at whatever hour they choose, but the noise of the water running through pipes so loudly whilst they had an interminably long shower is definitely NOT ok. A shame we had to leave by 7 in the morning, as not much sleep was had. Come on Potshot, you need to ensure things like this are updated, not just the paint on the outside..!!!

The restaurant however had a nice atmosphere, and our meal was good.

Next time, we will stay elsewhere.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here with a friend in May. We got a free upgrade on arrival and ended up extending for an extra night to fit in a dive trip. Nothing was too much trouble and staff were friendly. Ate at the restaurant one night and in the pub bistro on another and the food was good. Would not recommend breakfast here though. Expensive and much better options in town. Given other options around I think this was the best place for us...as it was close to town...a short 5 min stroll. Oddlyntheydont serve cocktails in the afternoon which seems a shame when you're lounging near the pool. Happy with our stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

So after deciding not to pay $650 at somewhere else I booked one night here to be followed by two nights at the other place ! Although there were only two of us we booked a two bedroom plus lounge unit at Potshot to gain the extra space. It was $259 for the one night.

I have no idea how this place continues to have a three star rating. As well as having bare interior walls made of exposed bricks, the rooms are very tired and the bathroom smelt of bleach which was probably covering other smells.

But the main pool and seating near the pool area at the adjoining hotel pub section was pretty good.

The location is also very good – a short stroll into the shops and supermarket so you don’t feel as isolated as most accommodation places in Exmouth.

If I was back in town by myself I would take a smaller and cheaper room and use the pool courtyard seating and be satisfied.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment during our for day stay in Exmouth. The apartment was comfortable, clean and had the usual amenities of fridge, microwave, hot top, kettle, toaster and TV. The bed were comfortable and bathroom large. Outdoor table and chairs overlooked a communal grassed area and we had a private has BBQ.

This was cheaper than other options in Exmouth and meet our needs of having somewhere comfortable to crash at night and to be able to prepare our own breakfast in the mornings.