All reviewsbottle shopstone grillexmouth dive centrepool bardive shopstayed in a bedroom apartmentthe kitchenmiddle of townnight staysmall poolcomfy bedningaloo reefsupermarketigafishingchaletcyclone
Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you want to pay $130 per night and expect no servicing the room ,
lots of noise , drunks and cockroaches , this is the place to be!
We are here for the whalesharking
and diving which is well run by all the companies involved.
We are from Perth and choose to spend our hard earned money in Exmouth but if the accommodation quality stays the same they can stop wondering why our next break will be somewhere in South East Asia again. What a shame because this is such a beautiful part of the world!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mrburto
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I booked a single backpacker room and arrived to find I had been upgraded to a Homestead room at no extra cost. the rooms are very basic but clean although the walls are extremely thin. I could hear the comversations my neighbours were having and did not need to set an alarm as theirs was clearly audible. Thank goodness the aircon was noisy so the white noise from that at night helped me sleep.

The kitchen for the residents did not have many basics incuding knives although I was assured these should have been there so must have been sampled by guests. The gas stoves did not auto ignite. I did not have matches and nor were any provided, so I was grateful for some ingenious co residents who used rolled paper to light off existing burners. The exhaust fans also did not work so the kitchen really needs some work. However, given that I only paid backpacker rates, and that was discounted by 10% for booking through the Exmouth Dive Centre, I guess you can't expect 5 star.

I didnt like fimding baby cockroaches in my room either but guess you have to expect that in the bush.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times for a beer nice and cold and $21.60 for a jug not bad. Mix of backpacker oldies on a bus tour and locals. Out door area Is great for relaxing and chilling. Service is good if u can get to the bar.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed here in the school holidays so there was nowhere else to stay in Exmouth or we would have left immediately. The apartment smelled of drains, it was tiny, badly equipped and not serviced once in the 6days we stayed. Externally the place is a mess with broken fences, piles of rubble and no street lighting. It felt very unsafe for our young children.
My advice would be to try and stay any where else but the potshot.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank susiefisher77
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were not planning on staying here, so as a last minute decision and only wanting a room, we opted for the Potshot.

The check-in staff was friendly and efficient, as we found all the staff to be during our brief stay. We asked for a room in a quieter area, and ended up on the ground floor of the double storey block. It seemed quiet enough, and clean enough, but was very very dated. Did I read somewhere that the hotel had been upgraded? maybe I dreamt it.

Anyway, the quiet ended at approx. 2:30am. I don't have a problem with a guest returning at whatever hour they choose, but the noise of the water running through pipes so loudly whilst they had an interminably long shower is definitely NOT ok. A shame we had to leave by 7 in the morning, as not much sleep was had. Come on Potshot, you need to ensure things like this are updated, not just the paint on the outside..!!!

The restaurant however had a nice atmosphere, and our meal was good.

Next time, we will stay elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple