All reviewsbottle shopstone grillexmouth dive centrepool bardive shopstayed in a bedroom apartmentthe kitchenmiddle of townnight staysmall poolcomfy bedningaloo reefsupermarketigafishingchaletcyclone
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed there for only one night, last September, and I can't understand how could we forget to write a review about such a horrible place that doesn't deserve to be a YHA member. Furthermore, it doesn't deserve to be considered a place to rest or stay during a trip. It is the worst place we have stayed in for all our life.

We got a room in the hostel, in a place that remembered the road motels of the American films. The room was disgusting, and the bathroom was even worse. The air conditioned machine was very old, dirty and so noisy that you had to choose between sleeping or dying baked. In addition, it was next to the common cooking place where it seemed to have taken place the Exmouth Beer Fest, as a mass of young drunk people spent the night shouting in front of our window. The common kitchen was dirty and lack of the essential utensiles useful for basic cooking.

In conclusion, the best of this hostel is the moment you leave it, believe us, AVOID IT!

Room Tip: Run away from it
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dQzar
Reviewed 16 August 2013

As a group a self contained apartment worked well and the location was within walking distance to hotel and shops. But we did not get the apartment reference number that was pictured on the booking site at time of booking through the Postshot Hotel. The apartment was furnished with outdated and uncomfortable cane furniture that only sat 4 people and the room accommodated up to 8 people. The fold up bed linen wasn't supplied nor was there enough plates we had to ask for this to be supplied. The apartment was not clean. Don't look under your bed ! The BBQ had not been cleaned and didn't work.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travels20132013
Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you want to pay $130 per night and expect no servicing the room ,
lots of noise , drunks and cockroaches , this is the place to be!
We are here for the whalesharking
and diving which is well run by all the companies involved.
We are from Perth and choose to spend our hard earned money in Exmouth but if the accommodation quality stays the same they can stop wondering why our next break will be somewhere in South East Asia again. What a shame because this is such a beautiful part of the world!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mrburto
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I booked a single backpacker room and arrived to find I had been upgraded to a Homestead room at no extra cost. the rooms are very basic but clean although the walls are extremely thin. I could hear the comversations my neighbours were having and did not need to set an alarm as theirs was clearly audible. Thank goodness the aircon was noisy so the white noise from that at night helped me sleep.

The kitchen for the residents did not have many basics incuding knives although I was assured these should have been there so must have been sampled by guests. The gas stoves did not auto ignite. I did not have matches and nor were any provided, so I was grateful for some ingenious co residents who used rolled paper to light off existing burners. The exhaust fans also did not work so the kitchen really needs some work. However, given that I only paid backpacker rates, and that was discounted by 10% for booking through the Exmouth Dive Centre, I guess you can't expect 5 star.

I didnt like fimding baby cockroaches in my room either but guess you have to expect that in the bush.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times for a beer nice and cold and $21.60 for a jug not bad. Mix of backpacker oldies on a bus tour and locals. Out door area Is great for relaxing and chilling. Service is good if u can get to the bar.

• Stayed: July 2013