All reviews bottle shop stone grill pool bar stayed in a bedroom apartment convenient location middle of town self contained unit night stay bed was very comfortable washing machine dorm kitchen fishing chalet cyclone
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed as a family in 2 bedroom accommodation over Easter and found the Pot Shot a nice place to stay. Nothing outstanding .... just nice.
The bar area around the pool was great and it was easy to walk to the shopping precinct.

Room tip: Try tea on the deck .... oh yeah ... & whaleshark diving !!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at the osprey units which are part of the potshot resort. My previous visits have been good, however I was extremely disappointed by my latest visit. Unit 116 is a disgrace. The BBQ hasn't been cleaned in months by the looks of things and there is a serious leak in the gas bottle. We could not park our car under our car park area because there is a storeroom which cannot be obstructed and we had cleaners and their trolleys in and out of this storeroom all morning. In the bathroom the door of the shower is broken and cannot close. The air con in one of the bedrooms needs to be turned on and off outside by the main switch and the temperature cannot be adjusted. I mean....Seriously! We had the smoke alarm go off suddenly for no reason. The light and extractor fan for the stove also didn't work. The furniture was uncomfortable and there weren't enough seats for the amount of people the unit caters for. The beds were creaky and uncomfortable too. All our complaints were brushed off.

But the cherry on top is the greeting one receives when arriving. If you are expecting a smile and a cheery " welcome to the potshot resort, we hope you enjoy your stay." You are in for a rude surprise. Rather you are told to pay upfront and if you choose to leave before you're set checkout date you will not receive a refund. Now who would want to leave this paradise....not!

Room tip: Avoid unit 116 at all costs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dalevdlinde
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Having booked accomadation nearby online to discover it was not what we expected we went late evening to try for something better. Kate at reception could not have been more helpfull. All units were taken but within half hour she contacted me to tell me she had a vacancy for the next night. Nice unit at the right price. Stone grilled steak in the restuarant is a must.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was my second stay at the Potshot Resort in Exmouth. The first time in a two bedroom self contained unit. The location is great, close to town so shops and restaurants are in walking distance. The unit had a patio with a barbecue and a pool, one of two at the resort, just opposite our room. The staff are very friendly and although the rooms are unserviced we were visited each day to see if we needed anything like clean towels etc. The kitchen could be better equipped. There was a good selection of quality pans but utensils and glassware was a bit lacking, especially with four people staying there. We had a meal at the bistro which was served on the deck above the main pool, lit by bamboo lights and candles, a real tropical feel.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Well, "Best" of the three backpackers there are in Exmouth. Very bare-bones, but the location in the center of the small town is really good. There is an adjacent bar AND bottleshop, and the only two supermarkets only 100 m away.Internet can be accessed at the post office, though you may get a visit from the local internet police - and I am not kidding, one evening a police came to complain that we were using "somebody's" internet. Anyway, the remote location considered I rate the place quite high.

Room tip: The dorms were only half full when I was there, maximum, so everybody was able to get a bottom bunk.
Date of stay: March 2014