“Great Hotel”

Mantarays Ningaloo Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Exmouth
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Novotel Ningaloo several times for work. Each time the rooms (both 1st and ground floor) have been modern spacious and of a high standard.

The only negative is the wifi access which, at the time of my last stay was still pretty poor.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
DarrenCossill, General Manager at Mantarays Ningaloo Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hi Marty D,
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very aware of the lack of WiFi access in the rooms. Unfortunately the construction of the hotel makes it very difficult for us to find a solution to the problem but we currently have it as our priority to fix. In the mean time we are offering free WiFi in the lobby, bar and restaurant. We hope to have the problem rectified this year.
Darren Cossill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We don't normally do reviews but felt compelled to right about this wonderful resort so others can share in the experiences. We travelled to Exmouth on 10 July and stayed for 4 amazing days. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiling faces from the very friendly staff who then arranged a hire car while our bags were transferred to our room. They were willing to share their wealth of knowledge regarding places to see, where to eat and sightseeing trips to go on.

The rooms have an amazing 'north-west' feel. We never envisaged that we would be staying "right on the beach," but there we were sitting on our balcony over the beach sand enjoying an outstanding view of the ocean. This is the only resort in Exmouth located "right on the beach" and adjacent to the Exmouth marina (you can join the Game Fishing Club for $5 a day!). The rooms have a luxury upmarket feel, providing everything you need. The bed was divine to sleep in and the bathrooms lovely.

We were so excited we invite our 24 friends to the resort for dinner who had just arrived by boat. Even though the resort had another large function on the same evening they happily accommodated us and our guests. The food and service are excellent, we really enjoyed having a drink at the bar as well as lying around the pool.

Probably the only advice we could suggest is if you were elderly we would suggest asking for a ground floor unit as the stairs may be difficult for some.

We cannot wait to go back to this great escape only 1 and half hours flight from Perth! We left winter behind and laid in the sun at this amazing resort and felt very spoilt!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms overlooking the pool are terrific as they also have beach views. If you are elderly...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Rixy007,
Great to hear you had a good time in Exmouth! I am glad we could accommodate your group. You know the old saying it never rains it pours! We look forward to seeing you guys again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Enjoyed our 2 night stay here. Rooms were lovely and well equipped for families. Reasonably priced menu (everything's expensive in Exmouth) and great breakfast spread. Hotel is right on the beach and has a lovely large pool, which unfortunately was slightly on the cold side, buit still nice for a quick dip. The beach has a lot of shells and coral, so isn't ideal for really little ones, but is a nice view. Hotel is facing the direction for lovely sunrises. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
DarrenCossill, General Manager at Mantarays Ningaloo Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Travel_dreamer80,
Thanks for your review. The sunrises are spectacular over the gulf especially this time of year with he whales playing on their way back south. The pool is heated to 26 degrees however some mornings it can dip down especially if it has been windy over night. Once again thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This Novatel is a magical place by the sea. We were meant to be camping at Cape Range, but the campsites were all full and I am so glad as this place was amazing. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was fully equipped (think I could live there), with my favourite parts being the amazing views up the beach and the awesome spa bath. The pool was heated and the day beds were divine with excellent wait staff providing for your every need! A real treat and a wonderful place with exceptional service! We were towing a van and not even that was too hard with plenty of off street parking. Can't wait to return one day soon ;)

Room Tip: We loved the 2 bedroom apartment with excretion all views right up the coast, fully self contained w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cruiserkids,
Thanks for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you still got to explore the Cape Range National Park during the days you were here. We look forward to seeing you again
Kind Regards
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is situated overlooking the Exmouth Gulf, and is a very short walk to the beach. From the hotel restaurant you look across the large pool and on to the ocean, it's very soothing and restful. Our room was a superior room with a small balcony which looked across the beach to the water, a sun lounge and 2 chairs and table made for a great place to relax in the afternoon. The rooms are quite large with a separate large bathroom, complete with spa, and a lounge area. The only minor complaint was aircon was noisy, we resorted to turning it off at night and opening the balcony door to get the breeze and hear the surf, we were there in July so were able to do this as it gets quite cool at night. Staff were helpful, the only disappointment was we were unable to get a later check out (check out is a ridiculous 10.00am), our flight back to Perth was 3.30pm, but despite asking twice, and also being a platinum Accor member, they would not budge on the check out time. No big deal we sat by the pool, but ironically we could see our room and by the time we departed at 2.00pm it had not been serviced. Very annoying- Accor you need to do better!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view-this is not difficult as nearly all the rooms face the ocean
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Well there really are some good points about this hotel and then there are a few things the management need to address. I have stayed in the Novotel twice and sadly these items have still not been addressed in the two years between visits.
Firstly, the location is beautiful. Most rooms have a lovely view of the Town Beach. Really picturesque. The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed is probably one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Last time I stayed I shared a two bedroom unit with a separate lounge and kitchen with family (very nice). This time I was staying in one balcony unit and my elderly mother in a separate ground floor unit. Her unit was priced as a cheaper alternative and has views to the marina - not quite so attractive but not too bad. When I went to book my room all the lower price rooms were gone to I paid more but admit the outlook was amazing.
So what was the problems we encountered that I was so concerned about? Well I said my Mother was elderly - actually 94 young - and was visiting family too. On arrival there was absolutely no one to assist her to haul her suitcase to her room. I was already hauling my stuff plus some of hers so I was disappointed about this lack of service for a 4 star hotel.
On the same issue if you book a 1st floor room there are quite steep stairs out the back of each block to haul your bags -by yourself- up the flights. No one to assist at all.
So basically if you are elderly, have back problems or any issue that would restrict your ability to care, roll or drag your suitcases DON'T get an upstairs room! Also if you are expecting a porter to haul your bags to any room just forget about it - there are no porters.
This is not really good enough for a 4 star Hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TahleePerth
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I arrived in Exmouth with my 2yr old and after doing a food shop expected the only taxi man to take me to my self-catered cabin (approx 20 mins away), where I was to meet my husband the following day... expect the taxi man had 'closed' for the month of July (one of the busiest months and despite me phoning him 2days before to book in). The manager from the Novotel personally came to rescue me (literally as I couldn't go any where with my luggage, daughter and purchased food) and from then it was perfect: the staff friendly and helpful (from helping me with my luggage to making up the cot for my over-tired daughter while we had some food), the food yummy and the accommodation a wonderful refuge. The Manager again made me a coffee in the morning and was there to help in anyway he could. My husband, daughter and I checked back in at the end of our holiday for 2 nights (previously planned) but to an amazing upgrade in our apartment, personal service and friendly smiles and assistance - it felt like coming home. I can't recommend this hotel and it's staff enough and I know for one I will definitely go back every time I go to Exmouth..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family