“A balm to the soul”
Review of Chalbury Park B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harvey
Chalbury Park B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Harvey B&B and Inns
Aussie in OZ
“A balm to the soul”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Driving up the driveway with it's avenue of golden ash, still naked of foliage, we knew that the peace we were looking for was here at Chalbury Park B & B. Jeff greeted us so warmly before showing us to the gorgeous Winchester Room with expansive views over the cottage gardens. There is a gentle luxury in the home with an understated good taste in every item of furniture. The setting, although on the edge of town, had a semi rural feel with a paddock of cows next door.
Breakfasts were a visual delight and a feast of yummy taste sensation. Karen presented out fresh fruit in a different way each morning and she assured me she has 6 presentations in her repertoire.
Wandering the gardens is like going on a treasure hunt with all sorts of knick knacks placed around the stunning gardens. Our 2 night stay reminded us what it is to get back in touch with each other in the tranquil surrounds.
Idyllic surroundings, gorgeous home and gardens, a crackling log fire, congenial hosts and yummy food.....what more could the heart desire, made all the better for sharing it with my beautiful husband. Thanks so much to Jeff and Karen from Jayne and Gordon

Room Tip: If you are after a gorgeous view to wake to then I suggest Room No 1....the Winchester.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beentheredonethat8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2013

From the beautiful gardens, the very welcoming and lovely hosts, the spotless rooms and the wonderful breakfast I don't know where to start with what a fantastic time we had a Chalbury Park! The garden was full of flowers, butterflies and birds that you could just sit amongst and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Karen and Jeff were so welcoming and lovely to talk with, you just felt right at home! Our room was beautifully decorated, very clean and had fresh roses which were lovely and there were home made melting moments, tea coffee etc available in the guest lounge. Breakfast was amazing and so beautifully presented, I loved that they try to use as much of their own produce as possible! Every last detail had been thought of and it made for a very enjoyable stay that we hope to repeat in the not too distant future. Thanks so much Karen and Jeff! Kate and Tim.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate360
Harvey
Reviewed 20 November 2012

From the moment I pulled in to the drive, I knew this was a special place, the garden and grounds are so peaceful and full of interest and the first thing I wanted to do was explore it. The house, is beautiful and welcoming . The decor is spot on and no detail has been left out of the accommodation. There is a selection of teas and coffees and home made cakes at the guests disposal, and even a glass of port! and the roses on the pillow at night were the icing on the cake. The hosts were very hospitable and went out of their way to help me. I more than recommend this place, its the best b and b Ive stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sally L
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our first stay at a B&B was made a truly Golden experience by such hospitable and caring hosts. From the drive through the 'golden tree-lined driveway' to a very warm welcome, exquisite room with such special touches, to the simply perfect, yummy breakfast, Chalbury Park is a beautiful property set in such tranquil surrounds and yet close to everything. Congratulations and warm Thanks Karen and Jeff. We really loved our stay. Definitely to be continued....... Ian & Vivien

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IandVK
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

I have to say for the small town of Harvery this B'n'B is a Land Mark it was a stay that I shan't soon forget, straight away it house is warm and inviting as much as the owners. The gardens are amazing, and when breakfast come, oh my, it's truly unforgetable. I would readily invite all people to stay at Chalbury Park. JGJohnson

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank royalkingjalon
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

I have travelled throughout Australia New Zealand and America,our stay at this delightful b&b in Harvey W.A rivals some of the best accomodation in the world, from beautiful surroundings to a warm inviting room and a fine wonderfully prepared breakfast from a caring and attentive host.Thanks Jeff.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike M
Harvey, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This is by FAR the best B&B I have stayed in. Friendly Service, Clean, Quality and very peaceful. I will definately be retuning in the future and would like to tell you all how wonderfull it is. I would return to Harvey just to go there!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Helen D

Been to Chalbury Park B&B? Share your experiences!