““Kalbarri Beach Resort v Bali”””

Kalbarri Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kalbarri
Perth, Australia
““Kalbarri Beach Resort v Bali”””
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I recently took my family on our 1st overseas holiday together and also my first visit to Bali. I have a young toddler aged 3 and a teenager aged 14. We chose Bali due to being the most cost effective place for family of 4 accommodation wise - plus the tropical warm climate with lots of swimming and sun was just our idea of paradise. Plus everyone recommended Bali and was either going to Bali or coming from Bali.

However - while I was there, we found the food awful, it proved to be very hard to get around with a toddler, prams were not street friendly with holes and ditches, our hotel was not within walking distance of any shopping so it was always a big outing to get taxis or a big walk with little ones in prams and I didnt enjoy getting hassled on the streets and spend 10min haggling for a $5 t-shirt when I have got a toddler in the pram waiting & when its so hot its just not enjoyable for them. It was too expensive to eat in our hotel so we had to go out for every meal - which is always hard with toddlers. We just found everything quite difficult over there.

Now - i have been going to kalbarri every year on a family holiday for as long as i can remember, I went there a young child with my parents, til I was old enuff to drive up there myself then I used to go up there with my friends and boyfriends and now as i am married with my children i go up there with my own family. And I always find it truly relaxing and it is such a beautiful spot. I love that nothing ever changes in Kalbarri - there's no traffic, pollution, the sun is always shining every day (yes you there is the strong sea breeze you have to work around) you can walk everywhere in town - we rarely even get in our car up there. As we have done all the sightseeing so many years before we spend our week by the pool and by the beach, pub lunches or dinners, lots of bbqs by the pool. I now sit back and watch my own children and nieces play as happily as I did all those years ago.

we always stay at the kalbarri beach resort and i can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere else in kalbarri. The self contained apartments mean we can bring our food up from home when prices are high so just roll up empty handed and walk down to the shops. we can walk out our front door walk 50metres and flop in the pool to cool off. we dont have to pack towels and sheets and kitchen cutlery as its already there. We dont have to worry about sitting onto he furniture in our wet bathers. The kids ride their scooters and bikes around the resort and into town. We can walk across the road and go fishing off the end of the jetty - everything is just there at your finger tips and easy.

I have a special sentimental attachment you could say to Kalbarri. When i think of getting away or needing a nice relaxing and fun holiday I always think of Kalbarri.

After coming home so stressed and unsatisfied from our big 1st overseas family holiday Bali, I will be returning back to kalbarri to just relax and unwind soon as i get a chance.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Sonia J
Accomadation260855, Manager at Kalbarri Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thanks for all the great feed back on the Resort.I always love to hear what eveyone has to say good or bad ,as it helps us to improve your stay .Your comments were very useful,with comparing the two holidays .I hope you will continue to have such a great time at the Resort and thankyou once again for your review.
Chrissie Locke Resort Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I booked 3 days at the Resort by phone having received recommendation from a colleague. It was very quick and easy.
The rooms were spotless, windows sparkling clean, kitchen well appointed and a very large fridge.
The grounds are almost a paradise, a pool, spa and more....especially for the young and very fit.
The area is quiet and life at the Resort is very unhurried.
Being off season it was not possible to review the restaurant but that is made up for by a plethora of eating places all along the foreshore.
The only criticism, if I am permitted, is that the furniture is very low to the ground and most difficult to get out of. However, whilest seated, it is very comfortable.
Will I return...certainly will

Room Tip: Book early and decide if you would like a room away from the roads which pass by or internal. The th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Traveller6002
Thankyou for your comments ,about the Resort being unhurried life style,spacious, and well equipped kitchen.Our ground being a paradise,and you had a lovely stay ,very relaxing .
Kind Regards Chrissie Locke
Resort Manager
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We have stayed here twice, once in 2006 & again last week & loved it just as much both times. The kids love the pool, the bbqs are great, and our apartments were clean both times. New kitchens this time was lovely. Probably the only complaint is that it's at the end of the main street so it's a bit far for littlies to walk to the main shops but for bigger kids & adults that's no issue. We love it!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 1famof6
Accomadation260855, Manager at Kalbarri Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
It was nice to hear you had returned, and you liked the new kitchen . I will pass onto the cleaners your comment about the cleaness of units ,Thankyou for all your comments as I do appreciate your time and effort .
Chrissie Locke
Resort Manager
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Booked on line via tourist information. Easy. Staff very helpful. Room for six. Three bedrooms. All with air con. Pool good size. Ideal base to tour area. Not luxury but comfortable. Short stay ok.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank D698
Thanks for putting your review about us on trip advisor.It's great to hear what you think .I feel all comments are so helpfull .
Chrissie Locke Resort Manager
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We hade a great time here with our daughter during our round-trip. The appartment is very nice, cozy and spacious .
The pool especially was great. We had a very nice time here.
Also very friendly staff

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JessicaVMPatrick
Accomadation260855, Manager at Kalbarri Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thankyou for your your review on your stay with us, it was great to hear you had a good time ,especially around the pool .Your comments help us to provide what eveyone is looking for while on there holiday .It is always good to recieve feed back .
chrissie locke manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We loved the spacious and well-equipped kitchen. The reception staff were very helpful as we didn't pre-book.

The rooms were clean. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MelnBlu
Accomadation260855, Manager at Kalbarri Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
On Behalf of all staff, and managment.we would like to thank all of our customers who write a review on Trip Advisor.Your comments always help us to make Kalbarri Beach Resort,a place you all enjoy to come and stay ,have fun, relax .We appriciate all your feed back .Thankyou once again .
Chrissie Locke Peter Grindley
Resort Managers
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Although the resort is getting on in age it has been updated since I was last here 15 years ago. 2 room self contained units are o.k. without being brilliant. Pool area is good and pool is not freezing as it is slightly heated although a bit crowded in peak times during school holidays. 3 spas are good. Never had any problem booking spa time. 1 full size and 2 half size tennis courts were good. Complex is 5-10 minute from the centre of town and you can walk along the beach or a path. Site is enclosed inside a fence with secure gates so the kids will be safe just about anywhere in the complex. Reception were nice although could have been a bit more friendly (and smiled:). We did one activity per day and then went in spa, read or played tennis and we were kept busy for our 7 day stay. Activities included watching the pelicans being fed, walking the gorges, taking a hire boat up the river, canoeing, entering the kids fishing competition, the fun park, lots of walks along the beach. If you are more active there is sand boarding, canoe trips, river cruises, quad bike tours and much more. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family