“Fantastic Family Holiday”

Kalbarri Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kalbarri
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Kalbarri is beautful, peaceful with spectaculary scenery.

The Kalbarri Beach Resort is great for families, unit furnished well, new kitchens, comfortable living & bedrooms. A relaxing place to holiday. BBQ's around the pool, the pool area is large & clean, & walking dsistance to shops, river etc.

We are a family with 1 boy aged 8. Its been fantastic, so many kids for our son to play with, we usually have "I am bored", but not this holiday. He has made lots of friends around the pool, its a safe & easy for him to play here. This has been one of our best family holidays to date.

Will certainly make the trip up here at least once per year, maybe twice.

A word of advice, it is best to book directly through the resort as they will handle any problems straight away. We met a family who had booked through a third party, they had cleaning issues with their unit.

Room Tip: Great to be near the pools & BBQs if you have young kids.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TychoCat
Accomadation260855, Manager at Kalbarri Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to write your review.It was nice to hear, that your son had a good time, and made new friends, and you all had a relaxing break .
chrissie Resort Manager

There are newer reviews for Kalbarri Beach Resort

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Having stayed at the Resort many times it is a brilliant place to stay ... it has everything that I could ask for in terms of all the different facilities I want. We used to take our kids there, now we go with them and the grand kids!

However make sure when you do book you book directly with the resort (1800 096 002) as there are some privately owned units that do not get the same service.

Have a great holiday like we always do.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Gerry M
Accomadation260855, Manager at Kalbarri Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thanks for letting me know you are, a return guest many times, and now with the grandkids .The Resort is a great family Resort and gives me great pleasure to know you all have such a great holiday,and we have enough facilities to accomadate all ages.
Kind Regards Chrissie Locke

Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed at this resort in December 2011.

The pool and BBQ area is quite good - clean and well maintained. The pool has a toddler splash area which is great for littlies. There is also play equipment on the grounds.

The unit was a three bedroom that could sleep 8. There are 5 of us so we had a choice of beds which is lucky as my husband and I had to slept separately as the bed in the master was a double, not ideal for a good nights sleep in sticky weather. Maybe if your 5 feet tall!

The bathroom was not clean when we arrived and the living room was a little 'used'. The AC did not work and the flycreen doors did not close properly. There is an abundance of mosquitos and sand flies so insect repellant is essential in Kalbarri.

We ate at the restaurant - Jakes on Sunday roast night. It is quite good value and the staff were friendly. The spread was buffet style and the desserts were great.

Not bad to stay if you dont spend too much time inside your unit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I recently took my family on our 1st overseas holiday together and also my first visit to Bali. I have a young toddler aged 3 and a teenager aged 14. We chose Bali due to being the most cost effective place for family of 4 accommodation wise - plus the tropical warm climate with lots of swimming and sun was just our idea of paradise. Plus everyone recommended Bali and was either going to Bali or coming from Bali.

However - while I was there, we found the food awful, it proved to be very hard to get around with a toddler, prams were not street friendly with holes and ditches, our hotel was not within walking distance of any shopping so it was always a big outing to get taxis or a big walk with little ones in prams and I didnt enjoy getting hassled on the streets and spend 10min haggling for a $5 t-shirt when I have got a toddler in the pram waiting & when its so hot its just not enjoyable for them. It was too expensive to eat in our hotel so we had to go out for every meal - which is always hard with toddlers. We just found everything quite difficult over there.

Now - i have been going to kalbarri every year on a family holiday for as long as i can remember, I went there a young child with my parents, til I was old enuff to drive up there myself then I used to go up there with my friends and boyfriends and now as i am married with my children i go up there with my own family. And I always find it truly relaxing and it is such a beautiful spot. I love that nothing ever changes in Kalbarri - there's no traffic, pollution, the sun is always shining every day (yes you there is the strong sea breeze you have to work around) you can walk everywhere in town - we rarely even get in our car up there. As we have done all the sightseeing so many years before we spend our week by the pool and by the beach, pub lunches or dinners, lots of bbqs by the pool. I now sit back and watch my own children and nieces play as happily as I did all those years ago.

we always stay at the kalbarri beach resort and i can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere else in kalbarri. The self contained apartments mean we can bring our food up from home when prices are high so just roll up empty handed and walk down to the shops. we can walk out our front door walk 50metres and flop in the pool to cool off. we dont have to pack towels and sheets and kitchen cutlery as its already there. We dont have to worry about sitting onto he furniture in our wet bathers. The kids ride their scooters and bikes around the resort and into town. We can walk across the road and go fishing off the end of the jetty - everything is just there at your finger tips and easy.

I have a special sentimental attachment you could say to Kalbarri. When i think of getting away or needing a nice relaxing and fun holiday I always think of Kalbarri.

After coming home so stressed and unsatisfied from our big 1st overseas family holiday Bali, I will be returning back to kalbarri to just relax and unwind soon as i get a chance.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Sonia J

Thanks for all the great feed back on the Resort.I always love to hear what eveyone has to say good or bad ,as it helps us to improve your stay .Your comments were very useful,with comparing the two holidays .I hope you will continue to have such a great time at the Resort and thankyou once again for your review.
Chrissie Locke Resort Manager.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

I booked 3 days at the Resort by phone having received recommendation from a colleague. It was very quick and easy.
The rooms were spotless, windows sparkling clean, kitchen well appointed and a very large fridge.
The grounds are almost a paradise, a pool, spa and more....especially for the young and very fit.
The area is quiet and life at the Resort is very unhurried.
Being off season it was not possible to review the restaurant but that is made up for by a plethora of eating places all along the foreshore.
The only criticism, if I am permitted, is that the furniture is very low to the ground and most difficult to get out of. However, whilest seated, it is very comfortable.
Will I return...certainly will

Room Tip: Book early and decide if you would like a room away from the roads which pass by or internal. The th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Traveller6002

Thankyou for your comments ,about the Resort being unhurried life style,spacious, and well equipped kitchen.Our ground being a paradise,and you had a lovely stay ,very relaxing .
Kind Regards Chrissie Locke

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We have stayed here twice, once in 2006 & again last week & loved it just as much both times. The kids love the pool, the bbqs are great, and our apartments were clean both times. New kitchens this time was lovely. Probably the only complaint is that it's at the end of the main street so it's a bit far for littlies to walk to the main shops but for bigger kids & adults that's no issue. We love it!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 1famof6
Accomadation260855, Manager at Kalbarri Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

It was nice to hear you had returned, and you liked the new kitchen . I will pass onto the cleaners your comment about the cleaness of units ,Thankyou for all your comments as I do appreciate your time and effort .
Chrissie Locke

Reviewed 23 April 2011

Booked on line via tourist information. Easy. Staff very helpful. Room for six. Three bedrooms. All with air con. Pool good size. Ideal base to tour area. Not luxury but comfortable. Short stay ok.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank D698

Thanks for putting your review about us on trip advisor.It's great to hear what you think .I feel all comments are so helpfull .
Chrissie Locke Resort Manager