“Very pleased with our stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in West Coxsackie
Port Ewen, New York
“Very pleased with our stay.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My friends and I stayed here last Friday night and had a great time. There were 5 of us , so we booked the suite which we found to be very nice with all the amenities you would need. First of all, VERY clean. Seemed to have been recently renovated and done nicely. The bathroom was roomy with good quality linens...towels were thick and plenty of them which is always important to me. We all agreed the beds were extremely comfortable and also loved the pillows. Even the couch was comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the little kitchenette which we put to good use.. In the morning breakfast was really good, far better than the average hotel ...pancake machine was amazing, made for you from a little machine..yummy!!! The front desk staff were also pleasant and helpful ...checking in and out was very easy. We did not use the pool. All in all, a great experience...I would defintely recommend this hotel and would stay here again !! Thanks to everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived a little late in the evening, closer to 11pm. Check in was good. The girl behind was in a good mood and was nice. She mentioned that I was an IHG platinum member and offered me a water. All was well there. The room was clean to my standards. No dust, hair or other issues I could see. One of the issues I had is that there is only one outdoor outlet and I had to park my EV in front of the hotel just I the left of the door. Not an issue, but people always say something about my car being parked there. All in all, typical HIE stay. And I stay in 50+ rooms nights a year.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 separate nights over the course of a couple of days. Location was great, literally right off I-90. Not recognized as a Rewards member on either visit. Rooms (2 separate ones) were not very clean. I'm a big fan of HI Express for my travels, but won't stay at this one again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mandy F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Mandy F,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and cleanliness. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Travellers are raving about these West Coxsackie hotels

Montreal Quebec
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hotel is brand new(i saw it being built 2 years ago)looks like it has been built in a hurry.in my room there was already scratches on the walls,wallpaper falling,furnitures starting to show sign of wear and lamp between beds was falling apart and didnt work...when i called front desk to complain about the lamp they said there is nothing they can do about it !!!!...(what a good value for 140$/night!!!)

I have to say it was clean enought but there is clearly a lack of general maintenance.
Its good enought for one night but NOT a destination by itself.

Room Tip: ask for room not facing the highway because of the noise
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Canadianguy_9,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and we are truly sorry to read that your overall stay was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay due to the poor maintenance service. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good hotel. Reasonable location but a bit to close to the route 9W as the double glazing was not brilliant. Friendly staff but noisy. We did not enjoy being woken up at 5 am as the Inn was taking delivery of its linen and the staff were busy preparing the early morning breakfast inn the room next door. Do not stay in room 113!!!!!!!!!!! That said the staff once we complained were very helpful.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 113.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear hev-kev,

Thank you very much for your comments. We understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Schellsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was a very peasant and welcomed stop in this area just outside of Albany, NY. The hotel is right off RT9 West. Easy on and easy off. The staff was very pleasant and extremely helpful. Clean room that was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was a nice.If you are traveling close to Albany, NY. be sure to call ahead. The hotels tend to be fully booked.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Burnt Hills, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night in August of 2013. We stayed at this hotel because of the proximity of this hotel to the Zume Flume Water Park that is located nearby in East Durham. The hotel is located right off the NYS Thruway so it is easy to get to, especially if you are traveling at night.
Our check-in experience was perfect. The staff was very polite and helpful. My sister and her family stayed at the same property on a different floor on the same evening. We were on the third floor and my sister's family stayed on the second floor.
Our room was not clean. This was my major issue with this hotel. The style of the room was nice. It looked updated. When I checked out the bathroom there were hairs on the floor and in the bathtub. The plug on the lamp next to the bed was not working. I went to plug in my phone behind a chair and there was a lot of dust and cobwebs in the corner. My husband went to put something on the chair and noticed something in the cushion. There was an unused tampon sticking out of the cushions! It was still in the wrapper, but it was still gross that it was even there. My alarm clock didn't work so I used my IPhone for our alarm. There was a lamp on a table and it looked like it had been involved in a bar brawl! It was all beaten up. There was dust all over the headboards. You could just tell that room was not cleaned well on a regular basis.
The pool area was nice. The pool was a bit dirty, but it was acceptable. My children had a great time and there was no one else there but us. This was a weekday evening. The hot tub seemed okay, but when we came down later in the evening there was a sign stating that it was broken so we didn't use it.
I did not make a complaint about any of the room problems to the hotel at the time. I had my children with me and we were tired after a day at the water park. We just decided to stay put.
The free breakfast was great. They offered a variety of eggs, cinnamon rolls, bagels and many other offerings. We were very satisfied with the dining experience.
Overall the staff was nice, but the room was pretty disgusting. There were too many problems with the electronics. I would not stay here again. My sister's room was much cleaner than mine, but ours was just not up to par.

Room Tip: The third floor was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear BrigetteB,

Thank you for choosing us and we appreciate you sharing your experience.

We are saddened to hear of your encounters in our hotel and would like to extend our sincere apologies for we fell below your expectations on the room condition and level of cleanliness. It is our fullest intention to provide the best experience, as such, we are constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie? Share your experiences!