Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Barlow(Hudson)
View Hotel
All reviewspancake makerhousekeeping doesindoor pool and hot tubfree breakfastthe beds were extremely comfortableovernight staystayed one nightbusiness triphotel staffthruwayhieweddingcerealmicrowavecouchnylodging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My friends and I stayed here last Friday night and had a great time. There were 5 of us , so we booked the suite which we found to be very nice with all the amenities you would need. First of all, VERY clean. Seemed to have been recently renovated and done nicely. The bathroom was roomy with good quality linens...towels were thick and plenty of them which is always important to me. We all agreed the beds were extremely comfortable and also loved the pillows. Even the couch was comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the little kitchenette which we put to good use.. In the morning breakfast was really good, far better than the average hotel ...pancake machine was amazing, made for you from a little machine..yummy!!! The front desk staff were also pleasant and helpful ...checking in and out was very easy. We did not use the pool. All in all, a great experience...I would defintely recommend this hotel and would stay here again !! Thanks to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived a little late in the evening, closer to 11pm. Check in was good. The girl behind was in a good mood and was nice. She mentioned that I was an IHG platinum member and offered me a water. All was well there. The room was clean to my standards. No dust, hair or other issues I could see. One of the issues I had is that there is only one outdoor outlet and I had to park my EV in front of the hotel just I the left of the door. Not an issue, but people always say something about my car being parked there. All in all, typical HIE stay. And I stay in 50+ rooms nights a year.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 separate nights over the course of a couple of days. Location was great, literally right off I-90. Not recognized as a Rewards member on either visit. Rooms (2 separate ones) were not very clean. I'm a big fan of HI Express for my travels, but won't stay at this one again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Mandy F,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and cleanliness. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hotel is brand new(i saw it being built 2 years ago)looks like it has been built in a hurry.in my room there was already scratches on the walls,wallpaper falling,furnitures starting to show sign of wear and lamp between beds was falling apart and didnt work...when i called front desk to complain about the lamp they said there is nothing they can do about it !!!!...(what a good value for 140$/night!!!)

I have to say it was clean enought but there is clearly a lack of general maintenance.
Its good enought for one night but NOT a destination by itself.

Room Tip: ask for room not facing the highway because of the noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Canadianguy_9,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and we are truly sorry to read that your overall stay was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay due to the poor maintenance service. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good hotel. Reasonable location but a bit to close to the route 9W as the double glazing was not brilliant. Friendly staff but noisy. We did not enjoy being woken up at 5 am as the Inn was taking delivery of its linen and the staff were busy preparing the early morning breakfast inn the room next door. Do not stay in room 113!!!!!!!!!!! That said the staff once we complained were very helpful.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 113.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear hev-kev,

Thank you very much for your comments. We understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N