“Outstanding! ”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Emma's tonight and were both highly impressed. The menu is large and varied and the quality of the food is fantastic. Considering the restaurant was busy and there was also a function on we were pleasantly surprised by how quick our meals arrived. We had the eye fillet and the game plate and both were cooked to perfection. The chocolate plate for dessert was delicious. The drinks list is comprehensive and well priced. Most importantly the service was exceptional. I am somewhat picky having worked in hospitality previously but I was most impressed with everyone who came to our table. They were all familiar with the menu. friendly and helpful and there was a genuine vibe that they enjoyed their work. Cannot rate this place highly enough. We will be back!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a disappointment. We went to Emmas today for a family member's birthday. We chose a table on the better side of the restaurant but it didn't make a difference. We had to ask twice for some things and it just felt that the staff weren't interested. The food was no where near as good as previous visits. Maybe the chef has changed or they had a learner on. Many of the wines on the menu weren't available as they claimed they were about to change the wine list shortly. They even told us one of the wine choice wasn't available...but it was then bought out by another wait person.
The only thing in their favour was the view of the ocean and the wonderful weather. We are disapponited that one our favourite places to eat is no more.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We visited Emma's really because our fav restaurant was fully booked and we had not made a reservation, so we thought we would give it a go. The formal part of the restaurant is lovely, decor tasteful, linens on tables, beautiful view, shame the service and the food give a way lower than professional impression. It was an ok experience over all, they are trying hard to appeal to a wider clientelle now offering a bar menu but the food choices are not abundant and the wine list was poor. For the money spent we have had far better experiences.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Emma's is the nicest restaurant in the Rockingham area, it is a great place for a special occasion with white linen table covers and amazing views over the Indian Ocean.
On the down side it is a bit on the expensive side for where it is but the food is always excellent quality.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

First thing I will say is the staff are very friendly and professional . We went here on a Saturday night to celebrate a birthday . I had gone down during the day to give some decorations for our table, on arrival they were not all put out as I think the owner did not want them on the table . This frustrated me straight away .
Entree i had ordered duck in a curry style sauce which was cooked perfectly but was rather bland .i just did not feel the concept of duck done this way . Also had garnish on top that just didn't make sense to me ,
My mums prawns were nice but after seeing the rice on my plate we canceled the risotto for mains to pork . The mains came out presented well . The pork done 3 ways was nice and filling though could of done with a jug of the apple cider sauce as there simply was not enough on the plate . The game tasting plate was not enjoyed at all by the person who ordered it but I thought the emu stuffed sour dough was tasty as was the lemon mertyle balls . The main dish of salmon over rice and scallops was nice .
Overall if I went back it would be for lunch not an evening meal . . The place is simply to small to cope with people talking over each other . This made it the wrong place to celebrate with someone special . Unbelievably loud on a Saturday night .