“Excellent secluded break”

Ranked #9 of 12 Yallingup B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Excellent secluded break”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Can't recommend highly enough. Beautiful setting and excellent service. As other reviewers have noted - the breakfasts are lovely. My wife is pregnant and Anya went out of her way to cook a separate 'pregnancy friendly' option each morning. Will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Erravilla is just lovely, the peace and quiet, through to the night sky filled with an endless amount of stars ( the host Anya who is amazing also introduced us to the star App, very cool to be able to know what stars your looking at).

The rooms are really well prepared, nice towels, candles, an outside table, nespreso machine, not that you need it Anya makes great coffee. A huge spa bath which was so relaxing after a long day. We stayed in a down stairs room you have double door which open up to the garden, the upstairs rooms have a balcony and they looked great.

Breakfast was yummy, you can eat in the main house or in your room we did both and both were as equally good, breakfast is more than you can eat.

There are two dogs on the property enzo and poppy they act as if they have known you all their life, so nice natured.

We stayed for two nights we'll return here again :-)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We felt very welcomed here right from the beginning. Our hosts were really helpful.
Loved the quiet countryside location (and kangaroos) and sitting on the balcony looking at the starry sky. Very relaxing, yet a good base for exploring northern Margaret River area, vineyards and the coast. We didn't spend much time in the room, but slept well.
Enjoyed the breakfast tray, which was different every morning, along with a good cup of coffee. Great way to start the day.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
China
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed at this place with a bunch of girlfriends for a couple of nights & it was such a wonderful experience. Each room was tastefully decorated & unique. The owners have obviously thought through all the details to make each room as comfortable & cosy as possible & yet each one is unique with it's own identity - eg: color theme & slight differences eg: cups, throws.
Service was superb. Anya, the manager/housekeeper whips up a delicious breakfast to start our day. It was professionally done & yet feels very homely.
The owners, Leo & Linda are wonderful hosts. Took us to tour the estate & gave much help to plan our itinierary to discover the vicinity around Margaret River. There's actually much to do, eat , drink & see around here. I would not hesitate to come back again - next time will be with my family.

Room Tip: For special occasion, there is a honeymoon suite. Other rooms are unique & lovely. Hard to choos...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I've delayed writing a review as I didn't know what I could add to the outstanding one already posted, but then I remembered they were the main reason I booked Erravilla and so I should contribute too. If you've ready any of my previous reviews you'll know you're in for a long one :)

We left it quite late to book 5 nights in the Margaret River region over New Year as part of a bigger trip and there didn't seem to be a lot of choice left. I found Erravilla online but really wasn't sure - guys, the photos on the website need changing, they don't do the place justice! It was only after checking out Tripadvisor and swapping a few mails with Anya that we felt confident enough to make a booking - and so glad we did.

We arrived after dark and were greeted on the driveway by a couple of roos bouncing along in the headlights and rabbits darting back and forth in front of us. (I don't know how Anya got them to do it but it was magical!) Our room was the Balcony Suite at the corner of the house, with the lovely big wrap around balcony that became my favourite early morning spot where I sat reading and watching the birds (and sheep!) long before anybody else was about.

The decor is very country cottage - traditional, beautiful and comfortable, but I suspect a legacy from the previous owners, as it doesn't quite reflect Anya's personality and personally I'd like to see a bit more of that creep in. The facilities are very well thought-out, there's even a Nespresso machine in the rooms for that essential early morning caffeine hit! I loved the individual crockery that changed daily, such a refreshing change from cookie cutter hotel stuff - small things like this make a place special.

As we were arriving late after a long day's travel, Anya had offered to prepare us a deli platter. WOW, so beautiful, and scrumptious, with gluten-free bread and crackers especially for me and a lovely bottle of red to accompany it all. We'd booked breakfast on the balcony for the first morning and it arrived just as beautiful and tasty as the supper platter, complete with flowers. It was a lovely treat to have it served in our room in such a special setting but, to be honest, every morning after that we found it even more enjoyable to eat in the main wing and chat with Anya and Colleen, as well as to meet other guests. Every day breakfast was slightly different, but always the freshest ingredients and a work of art (and with two types of gluten-free toast for me).

We stayed 5 nights which took in New Year's Eve - also our wedding anniversary - and Anya was a mine of information. She knew we wanted to do more than drink wine and she always had time to write us a note or draw us a map, nothing was too much trouble. We often had lunch out and then brought back a ton of goodies and wine from our travels; if the kitchenette area in our room didn't have what we needed, we just went to the main wing and borrowed it from the kitchen. Including the microwave - Erravilla is a very relaxed place where you are made to feel at home. Meanwhile in the background Anya and the gang are working very hard to make it seem like that; the place is spotless - not easy in that dry, dusty environment I am sure.

Would love to go back - maybe when it's a bit cooler so we can enjoy our sightseeing a bit more!

Room Tip: Corner Balcony room, very private - sleep with the curtains open and wake up to the sun
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beejaypee
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My husband and I felt we needed a long weekend of relaxation and found the perfect venue. Erravilla. The drive down the long drive to arrive at Erravilla set the atmosphere. Through the privacy of the bush and opening into the clearing where there were flowers and fruit trees and two dogs lazing in the sun was the beginning. Anya greeted us as we arrived and showed us to our suite which was at the corner of the house, opening into a patio area with table and chairs set in the sun. The spa bath surrounded by candles and perfumed by the soaps was off the main room and was absolutely spotless and inviting. Through the open door we could hear the buzzing of the bees and across the garden we saw rabbits and ducks. Just a lovely atmosphere. We were close by for all the usual Margaret River visits and yet completely private. In the evening we went to the Studio Bistro for a meal which was about ten minutes drive away. Wonderful meal surrounding by artwork. Again, a lovely atmosphere. We returned to our room and had the best nights sleep we'd had in an age and woke to the sound of the birds singing in the trees around us. Our breakfast was cooked by Anya and we decided to eat in the 'alcove' where we feasted on fresh fruit, fruit toast, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast and possibly other things I'd forgotten. Fresh coffee and fresh orange juice. Who needed lunch!! We spent some time chatting with Anya, discovering the area and chilling out. A weekend to be repeated for sure and certainly a place to recommend. Thank you Anya. A perfect hostess.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank norfolklady1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Erravilla was way beyond my expectations, a beautiful home on huge grounds of 134 acres. I immediately felt at home and relaxed. Each of the rooms is decorated differently, very spacious with jacuzzi. My daughter and I had the pink room, the prettiest one I thought! We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony to enjoy the cool breeze and do some bird watching.

I loved going for walks on the estate. There are trails, meadows, 2 ponds, fruit trees, forest and wild flowers. Bouncy kangaroos, scampering rabbits, birds eg. colourful lorikeets and blue wren, sheep and dogs, Enzo and Puppy, all kept me entertained.

We visited many attractions nearby, such as the spectacular Ngigli Caves, Cape Naturaliste where we saw many whales, vineyards, beaches, art galleries, jewellery shops, 1.8km Busselton Jetty, chocolate factory, soap factory, etc.

We ate well. Anya cooked delicious hot breakfasts for us every morning, while hosts Linda and Leo treated us like long lost friends and cooked dinner for us every night. Leo's beef fillet was the best! Linda's curry and crumbles were amazing.

All in all, a very happy 3 day stay. I hope to visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yallingup
Windmills Break
#3 of 12 in Yallingup
Smiths Beach Resort
Smiths Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Yallingup

Been to Erravilla Country Estate? Share your experiences!