“Picturesque Adults' Retreat with Fab Little Touches”

"Seclusions" of Yallingup
Ranked #3 of 11 Yallingup B&B and Inns
London
“Picturesque Adults' Retreat with Fab Little Touches”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed in the Coast Suite for 5 nights. The things that we liked the best were the little touches including the chocolates and port put out for us every night, the fresh flowers in our room, the afternoon tea upon our arrival and the bottle of wine on our first night. I even got a little bottle of wine for my birthday.

The bed was huge and was very comfortable. We really liked the shower where you could look out into the Australian bush. The private balcony was a great feature with a beautiful view. The scenery was stunning.

The breakfasts were lovely, with good variation. We especially liked the fresh fruit platter and had it every day.

Fran was able to give us good recommendations about which restaurants to eat at, and other local activities.

We think staying in Yallingup is much better than staying in Margaret River because it's really central to places like Dunsborough, Eagle and Bunker Bays, Smiths Beach and it's not too far from Margaret River itself.

We really enjoyed it and would really recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Don't worry if the Bali room is already booked - the Coast Suite is great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
franb51, Owner at "Seclusions" of Yallingup, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We are so happy that your stay with us met your expectations. It was great you appreciated all the little "extra niceties" we treat our guests to. And with your coming from the UK there is a lot of things quite different here to deal with as well. You obviously enjoyed the beaches here and I hope the head got better quickly after being dumped by the surf!!

We're really glad to have 'made' your holiday special and hope the rest of your time in WA was just as good.

Many thanks for such a great review and we wish you well in your future together.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Worongary, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a lovely short stay at Seclusions recently. The space was a great location, close to wineries and beaches and towns. It felt very relaxing and the room was really lovely. The nice touches of port, choccies, lamps being turned on for a nice return after dinner was all great and touches you cannot get in big hotels and resorts often. Breakfast was lovely and we did enjoy ourselves here. We did find it quite loud and echo-like in the common areas, which could perhaps be reduced by some carpets or something as you often feel like you have to be really quiet in the room and you don't want to hear the conversations of others so clearly. So something to reduce the sound in the common areas would be good but other than that a great Bed & breakfast and exceeded expectations in many ways.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We are very glad that your 1st B&B experience was a good one. However, all B&B's are NOT the same!! We strive for excellence of service but still give the personal touch in being available should you need us, offering valuable advice on places to go and see and awesome restaurants too.

Your comments about 'noise' are noted but I have to say I have never been made aware of this before. The stunning marble floors would not look as they do if they were covered in carpets, and the whole "feel" of the area is to depict Bali (and that's why it is furnished in this fashion). It was also somewhat surprising that you felt you needed to talk quietly as there is always music playing in the background. In fact, in a lot of B&B's there is one communal dining table so you would have to share with others. We feel the privacy aspect is more important and we tend to have mainly couples staying with us. If they choose to talk to other guests then that's their decision. Others, like to be more private and sit alone and that is what we cater for. You could have also, asked to sit outside in the gazebo which was offered to you.

Aside from that, we are very glad you enjoyed the overall experience and we hope your next one will be as good.
Reviewed 6 December 2013

What a divine location. Set in beautiful bushland with kookaburras laughing, we spent hours on our private patio relaxing. Fran's welcome, wonderful cooking and lots of special touches like a superb afternoon tea, a chocolate and rose by the bed on our first night, and a port every evening made us feel very spoilt. The four poster bed was absolute comfort and the white marble floors and beautiful fittings and sculptures everywhere we looked made this such a memorable time. Fran certainly puts her heart and soul into making this a luxurious stay within easy reach of scores of wineries, restaurants and beaches. The perfect getaway. Thank you, Fran!

Room Tip: It is bliss waking up in a superbly comfortable four poster bed looking out to beautiful natural Aus...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for your glowing review. I am so glad you both had an enjoyable stay and a great "special" birthday too!! It's great that my suggestions made on places to see and eat were put to good use which made your stay even better.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon with a discounted rate or btl of wine.
Rockingham, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Spent 3 quiet peaceful nights at Seclusions of Yallingup, the owners Fran and Ken were very helpful and informative, Fran made wonderful Yummy breakfasts , the bed in the Coast Suite was very comfortable and the private deck overlooking the forest was relaxing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
franb51, Owner at "Seclusions" of Yallingup, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It's much nicer to stay the 3 nights as you are able to relax more and take your time seeing the area.
I'm glad you enjoyed my breakfasts and the peaceful setting out on your private deck in the mornings (and afternoons).
We have alleviated the issue with the WiFi (being spasmodic) before your visit so you had access without any problems.
We do hope to see you again soon and offer a discounted rate on your return visit.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We found Fran and Ken to be very helpful in helping us organize or weekend getaway. The Bali suite was a good size, including the bathroom, and we would recommend it to anyone opting for a few quiet days away.

A lovely coffee and cup-cake was waiting for us on our arrival which was a perfect treat to start our weekend.

Thanks for a lovely weekend away!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to ensure our guests enjoy the best of their break away by organising the things they like to do in advance for them to save them the time and effort once they are down here and the possibility of missing out. We are very glad you appreciated this service.
I'm pleased you enjoyed my cupcakes as I endeavour to always offer the best and freshest local ingredients - and I always make my own!!
We hope to see you again soon and don't forget we always offer our repeat guests a discounted rate or btl of wine.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We really enjoyed.
The accommodation was great and as well the information provided.
Breakfast was great.
But wifi in our room was not available
Location is fantastic near to almost any winery.
Book in advance

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
franb51, Owner at "Seclusions" of Yallingup, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I would like to address the WiFi issue - it states in the file in your room that WiFi is available mainly in the public areas. This is due to the fact that the house is so large it doesn't always reach the guest rooms or decks. If you had a problem with this, you should've informed us and I could've moved my main computer,

I noted you didn't have any other specific issues and yet you rated us only 4 out of 5. As we strive to reach perfection, we really appreciate knowing what specifically we failed in that your rating was less than 5. If you would like to re-book in the near future at a discounted rate we'd be happy to show you we ARE 5 out of 5 especially in "service".
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Lovely Bali style room with four poster bed and outdoor decking looking into the trees. Nice bathroom and shower. Close to restaurants, beach and wineries. Decent breakfast. Helped recommend and
book lovely restaurants.

Some unfortunate points that happened for us, and may not be related directly to the b&b:
- first restaurant was incorrectly booked before we got there (may have been restaurant's fault)
- we could not see or access the wifi, owner said they could however we clearly couldn't and there no real help to solve over the weekend
- one night there was lots of noise from owners about 10pm while we were sleeping. on suggestion they were being a bit noisey, the owner, clearly tired from a long day working elsewhere, responded very rudely. While apologetic the next day this clearly tarnished our night

• Stayed September 2013
franb51, Owner at "Seclusions" of Yallingup, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our B&B. I am truly sorry your experience was marred by a few incidental issues. I ASSURE you, your restaurant booking WAS made correctly by myself. If the person taking the booking entered it on the wrong page then it is them who should be apologising. I only offer to make bookings for our guests to save you the time and effort.

In the file in your room is the WiFi access information including the Password. I did explain that sometimes it doesn't work in the bedrooms and you may need to use it in the lounge or breakfast area. I do recall you saying it didn't work but when you couldn't log on you said "it didn't matter, we'll sort it out". At no other time did you make comment that you still had trouble or I would've got my husband or sort it out for you. Either way, I am sorry for your inconvenience but if we weren't made aware the issue was ongoing we wouldn't have known.

With regards to the noise you experienced - again I am sorry you felt I was 'rude' to you, as it was not intended. I had just returned home after a long day working at the elections to find my son cooking dinner (and making a noise in our kitchen) - he wasn't aware of how the noise carries. So I was angry with HIM not you. Then as I was setting the tables for breakfast (seeing as I'd been out all day) you appeared in the door complaining about the noise and I thought you must have meant from the other guests. The time was actually only 2145, so I was surprised when you said we'd "woken" you up. It was unintentional and there are earplugs in the drawers for guests in case they are disturbed by wildlife - frogs etc) or other guests. Your wife didn't seem to be perturbed by it at all anyway when I spoke with her in the morning. The noise only went on for 5-10 mins while I was setting the table.

One thing that needs to be remembered when staying in a B&B is that you are staying in OUR HOME, and whilst we try to be perfect, sometimes things happen beyond our control (I wasn't there to supervise in this instance) and things go wrong. I apologised profusely for that and I'm truly sorry 10 mins of noise annoyed you so much. At least you don't have screaming babies in the next room when you stay with us!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yallingup
Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region
#3 of 13 in Yallingup
Wildwood Valley
Wildwood Valley
#2 of 11 in Yallingup

Been to "Seclusions" of Yallingup? Share your experiences!