“The very best chocolate”
Review of Gabriel Chocolate

Gabriel Chocolate
Book In Advance
More Info
US$119.00*
and up
Margaret River Small-Group Food and Wine Tasting...
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Yallingup
More attraction details
Owner description: Gabriel Chocolate is Western Australia's first bean-to-bar chocolate maker. We import the world's best cacao beans and turn them into "single-origin" chocolate bars at our Yallingup chocolate gallery, coaxing out the wide range of natural flavours that emerge from the different cacao bean varieties. Taste the latest range of chocolate bars being made, and sit inside or outside near the grass at Gabriel Cafe to indulge in one of our decadent hot chocolates, salted chocolate chip cookies or hand-made, chocolate-dipped ice-creams.
Reviewed 6 October 2013

At the end of a delightful day in Margaret River, my partner and I visited Gabriel Chocolate. We were welcomed into the smallish shop area, despite it being close to closing time. We learnt from a friendly and enthusiastic assistant that the chocolate is made on site, from scratch and from single origin beans. We tasted the samples on offer and wow! this chocolate is absolutely the best I've ever tasted - and I've tasted a lot - I love my chocolate the way other people love their wine. If I'd saw the price of a bar before I tasted it I would have thought it a bit expensive but for chocolate of this quality, the price is excellent. This is chocolate to be savoured and enjoyed, like a glass of the finest wine. You could actually taste the difference in the chocolate from different regions. Wish I'd bought more - oh well - I'll just have to visit again soon:)

4  Thank Jennifer K
GabrielChoc, Public Relations Manager at Gabriel Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to say such lovely things about our chocolate and our staff. Sounds like you really "get" what we're doing here with our own little "real chocolate" revolution! Please come back soon - or email us for more supplies!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"great coffee"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was told about this place last year and it's taken me that long to actually visit (sometimes happens when you're a local!)

The chocolate is made onsite with no flavourings other than the mocha one, ranging from sweet milk to very dark full bodied chocolate. Because this is good quality, pure chocolate you don't need to eat much so the $7 price tag isn't as heavy as it might sound. You can taste the varieties before buying and the packaging is really cool.

The cafe has friendly staff and gr8 coffee (Five Senses) with the most decadently delicious salted chocolate chip cookies my taste buds have ever been blessed with! I'm not a "foodie expert" or connoisseur but I like good quality and this place IS quality.

The cafe has chocolate based items of food and serves coffees / hot chocolates / teas. It was clean, the service was very friendly and efficient, and the environment was peaceful being in a semi rural location. It's located 8kms from Yallingup on the way to Margaret River and there's a boutique winery attached to it, however we didn't do any wine tasting as we got there fairly early in the day.

Would definitely recommend this place as it's not always easy to get genuinely good coffee around these parts - and this is by far the best Australian chocolate I've tasted :-)

2  Thank GypsyGal001
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visted here as we were leaving Margaret River. We were greeted by a very friendly knowledable fellow who told us lots about the chocolate, which is made on site from just single origin cocoa beans and sugar - no other additives. I really love my chocolate, but have never ever spent $7 on a bar before. After eating this chocolate I can honestly say it was the smoothest, best tasting chocolate I've had the pleasure to taste, worth every cent and more! I hope I can buy more online as I won't be in the region again for quite sometime, but really want more of this chocolate.

3  Thank Jasmine B
GabrielChoc, Public Relations Manager at Gabriel Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Yep, that first taste of freshly made chocolate really blows your mind. We're really committed to making an affordable luxury - where else can you buy the world's best of anything for $7? The cacao beans we import are among the world's best "flavour" beans (as opposed to cheaper bulk beans which need lots of sugar and other nasties to mask their bitterness). And when we roast them in small batches and make the bars from scratch at our chocolate gallery here, it still amazes us how each variety tastes so different, depending on where and how the beans were grown. Come down again and try some more!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just spent out first weekend down for a longtime. And this was the find that stood out. From the time we got there was welcomed and given a short spiel on what when and who about them. Only being two years old very young but on their way. The chocolate is so good and made on the site not like some around. Ok then on to drinks and munches, just so good, wife had the hot Chocolate and choc chip cookie, not normally one to have to much chocolate but raved about it. I,m a Cappuccino man myself. And on the side a choc mousse.. Yum o. Service was excellent, and pet friendly, just outside under cover. A bonus is the House of cards wines next door. Very good.
So yes this a must see and have when down south, we went twice, went back on our way back home. Second time was just as good. So do it do. Do it.