“Small artisan shop with fantastic chocolate”
Review of Gabriel Chocolate

and up
Margaret River Small-Group Food and Wine Tasting Tour
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Yallingup
More attraction details
Owner description: Gabriel Chocolate is Western Australia's first bean-to-bar chocolate maker. We import the world's best cacao beans and turn them into "single-origin" chocolate bars at our Yallingup chocolate gallery, coaxing out the wide range of natural flavours that emerge from the different cacao bean varieties. Taste the latest range of chocolate bars being made, and sit inside or outside near the grass at Gabriel Cafe to indulge in one of our decadent hot chocolates, salted chocolate chip cookies or hand-made, chocolate-dipped ice-creams.
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great experience for chocolate lovers. They import the coco beans from all over the world, and then make the chocolate on site. The staff (I think the owner) was very knowledgable and made the visit a special, learning experience.

Their chocolate is just delicious. You can really taste the difference between it and the mass produced kind. For example, I am not a huge fan of white chocolate, but theirs was just so nice and unique tasting that I just had to buy some.

They also had a cafe, but because of a power outage in the area, we did not get to try it.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

After reading so many positve reviews of this place we made a point of visiting Gabriel Chocolate to see for ourselves. Have to say I was underwhelmed and went away a little disappointed.

The place was quite busy on a sunny Friday afternoon, but there was only one staff member manning the sample counter and attending to customers in the showroom. The sample dishes were all empty, and when he did find time in between serving customers to refill them, the samples were so small you had to take a good 3 or 4 pieces to get the flavour. I couldn't understand why one woman kept hovering and eating so many samples, until I saw the size myself and realised she wasn't being a hog, just trying to get the flavour!

Yes, the chocolate was delicious, but to be honest I couldn't taste any difference between these exotically sourced beans and any other really good quality commercial chocolate. I might be heathen though, as plenty of people were buying it.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The chocolates we tried were all very nice, and also interesting with their distinctly different source beans. The cafe here is a stand-out, they have an extensive hot chocolate menu *yum*.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This dark den of chocolate delivers purity and a different take on chocolate than any other WA chocolatier. If you like your chocolate pure and rich, this is the place for you. Their summer time ice cream selection is well worth the visit, and it's unlikely you'll go home empty handed.
Drop in for a tasting, and see how they make their unique blend.

GabrielChoc, Public Relations Manager at Gabriel Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Wow, a dark chocolate den, that sounds very decadent! (But I should also point out we do have a very cheery gallery full of natural light in order to taste your chocolate - whether you love dark, or milk or white chocolate! Don't want to scare anyone off!). But seriously, thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just would like to thank the staff of Gabriel's Chocolate for taking the time for our allergic child, and providing us with the best chocolate experience. Everyone we bought for were astounded how good the chocolate was, comparable to the best in Europe, as the makers are from there!

Thank you and well worth a visit!

I'm so glad we were able to give you the information you needed to protect your child, and thanks so much for taking the time to thank us. However, while our cafe manager is from Germany, the Gabriel Chocolate cafe and chocolate making business is entirely Australian-owned and operated. I'm pretty sure we can give the European chocolate makers a run for their money though!