“A welcome sharing...”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$121.03*
and up
Margaret River Small-Group Food and Wine Tasting...
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Yallingup
More attraction details
Owner description: Gabriel Chocolate is Western Australia's first bean-to-bar chocolate maker. We import the world's best cacao beans and turn them into "single-origin" chocolate bars at our Yallingup chocolate gallery, coaxing out the wide range of natural flavours that emerge from the different cacao bean varieties. Taste the latest range of chocolate bars being made, and sit inside or outside near the grass at Gabriel Cafe to indulge in one of our decadent hot chocolates, salted chocolate chip cookies or hand-made, chocolate-dipped ice-creams.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Yes it's true my personal microbiome loves the cocoa bean, well that's my excuse anyway for this particular indulgence! So Hannah and Lorenz were thrilled to take me by Gabriel Chocolate on our way back up to Perth from Settlers Ridge Winery, Margaret River.

We were welcomed at the door most proficiently and the concept of Gabriel's Chocolate was shared immediately with the informative invitation to sample, beginning with the dark chocolate and moving through milk to white.

Here each chocolate bar is made from a selectively sourced single origin bean. The utmost care is taken to source the highest quality beans and their suggestion is that this is why even the darkest 99.9% chocolate is still not bitter as we could verify. This special chocolate should not be munched, but rather left to dissolve on the tongue.

Cocoa beans are imported from Java, Ghana, Madagascar, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela, as like wine, the terroir affects the beans and the different soils/climate impart different and unique characteristics which ultimately results in exquisite chocolate.

For those wanting still further indulgence the cafe is set up with cookies, ice cream dipped in chocolate and of course the ultimate indulgence, hot, silky-smooth chocolate to drink.

All reviews
"great coffee"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Yum yum and yum.
Divine dark chocolate with such a seriously smooth finish, friendly helpful staff to share their knowledge of the products, and chocolate enriched caffeine.
Visiting Gabriel's was a perfect way to end a day of magnificent food and wine tastings, and left me planning my next visit.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

If you appreciate the finest chocolate quality and range you must go here.What they don't know about their product and its origins isn't worth knowing.The ice cream made with their chocolate is amazing.An interesting place to visit if you like something different.recommended.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We visited Gabriel's on Sunday morning and I was really impressed... Gabriels chocolate is exceptional both in the quality of the chocolate and the friendliness and knowledge of the staff. I saw my first cocoa fruit and learned how the chocolate is produced- we sampled some of the delicious chocolate- the white choc is amazing, completely different to anything I have ever tasted before... bought a couple of bars to take home with me.. it was hard not to nibble them on the plane ride home to sydney..

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great experience for chocolate lovers. They import the coco beans from all over the world, and then make the chocolate on site. The staff (I think the owner) was very knowledgable and made the visit a special, learning experience.

Their chocolate is just delicious. You can really taste the difference between it and the mass produced kind. For example, I am not a huge fan of white chocolate, but theirs was just so nice and unique tasting that I just had to buy some.

They also had a cafe, but because of a power outage in the area, we did not get to try it.