“Incredible find. Best cellar door experience we had.”

House of Cards Wines
Ranked #3 of 12 Shopping in Yallingup
More attraction details
Owner description: Our name House of Cards was inspired by the gamble that winemakers and growers take every vintage - you have to play the hand that you are dealt.All fruit used to make House of Cards wine comes from our single vineyard situated on iconic Caves Road at the Northern end of the Margaret River Wine Region in Western Australia. As our fruit comes from only one origin you can taste the unique terroir of the House of Cards Vineyard. Each vintage our wines showcase the hand that we were dealt from Mother Nature.Making handcrafted, single vineyard wines of exceptional quality is the sole priority of House of Cards. As we grow the grapes and make the wine you can guarantee House of Cards is a sure bet.We hope you enjoy our great range of wine.Cheers!
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible find. Best cellar door experience we had.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a number of lovely days spent in the Margaret River region we stumbled across this vineyard after a disappointing lunch and experience at Laurance close by. Our experience here was second to none, matching our true expectation of what a cellar door should offer, giving a genuine insight into the winery, it's wines and it's owners.

Firstly, and possibly most importantly, we loved the wines on offer, particularly the ethos around the production of working with the hand Mother Nature deals. They were unique and boutique not simply made to please a mainstream taste and really isn't that why you would bother to drive around a wine making region to sample the vast array of what's on offer and find these gems?

Secondly the cellar door experience was warm and welcoming, travelling with two small children was not only not a problem but gladly catered for with toys and areas to play.

Thirdly I was pleased to see the array of Australian made wares sourced from a variety of artists for sale, this demonstrates to me an absolute commitment to supporting the small, the creative and the local which is what House of Cards offers also.

An absolute standout for us and I highly recommend you put this one on your list.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Corinne L

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An alternative ( balanced) review”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Look, I get the fact that it's a boutique non mainstream winery. I also get the fact that it's owned by hard working couple trying to make their mark in the industry. This is endearing. But really, the reviews before mine are just not accurate. The winery setting is not inspiring. The wines are mediocre according to my palette. And after all it's the quality of the wines that one should be focused on. Best of luck to the owners in catching up to winery such as Aravina and Laurence. Who's wines are, especially the Cab Sav from Laurence, very good. Once again this review is meant to balance out what are a number of previous reviews on House of Cards (which drew me to the winery) that in my mind are misleading. Happy tasting.

Visited April 2014
Elizabeth W, Owner at House of Cards Wines, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear xman5,
After receiving so many wonderful reviews from so many happy customers we knew the time would come when we would have to respond to someone trying to knock us down. It is a shame that we don't make wines to suit your pallette (sic). Thank you for your "balanced" review but we are going to continue to make wines which showcase our unique terroir and winemaking practices. It has been no coincidence that our wines have won numerous accolades including gold medals and highly acclaimed critic reviews in the two years that we have been open. We don't make comercial wines, we never have and never will, they're unique and vary from year to year. Thanks for your feedback. Cheers, Liz and Trav
Perth, Australia
“Our new favourite winery!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We were very impressed with the high quality of wine and the attention we received from the owner Liz and the time she took to explain each wine we were tasting. We will be back :-)

Elizabeth W, Owner at House of Cards Wines, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Hi Jason, I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your time at our cellar door. We certainly endeavour to make everyone feel welcome. We like to give our guests the opportunity to browse in the shop without being hassled, and to give our undivided attention to those requesting a tasting and wanting to learn more about our vineyard and winemaking. Had you approached the counter requesting a tasting we would have gladly made space for you. I hope you can forgive the misunderstanding and return one day soon to try our wonderful wines. Kind regards, Liz
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Brilliant Branding- great hosts”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is one of the best wineries in Margaret River. It is clean fresh and modern. Great hosts, relaxed atmosphere. I particulary like the branding, the labels and names of each type of wine are inspired. I have not been able to visit this year yet, but my daughter has, so she filled me in with what has grown since my last visit.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favourite Margaret Rivery Winery”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Love love love this place! By far my favourite winery in the region. Great wine, fantastic branding, lovely cellar door shop with lots of arty/crafty delights and lovely staff!

Visited March 2014