“Wonderful setting and service!”

Yallingup Lodge Spa Retreat & OM Day Spa
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Wonderful setting and service!”
Reviewed 21 January 2009

We booked 3 nights in the Chablis room.The room was first class even though a bit small.The massive balcony made up for the small room .We had a Spa to ourselves and loved laying in it with a glass of wine each evening before dinner.

Food was first class as was the service .

The spa was the best ever ,tr a Kilie speacial massage -you wont forget it!!!

Nothing could be improved -maybe staying a bit longer .But its a long way from the UK!

• Liked — The setting
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2008

We were staying at the Yallingup Forest Chalets and decided to treat ourselves to a massage/scrub/pedicures etc for the girls. We were greeted warmly and shown to our private rooms. I had a exfoliating scrub and all over massage - which was divine. My therapist was totally professional. I will be going there again next time I am down south for the weekend.

• Liked — Great spa rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2008

1st trip looking for some revitalising on my own. Kali knew exactly what I needed and I was happy to be in her capable hands. Rooms gorgeous, and all catered to privacy and comfort. Food and staff always accommodating and friendly, I couldn't wait to return.
2nd trip I took my husband for a romantic weekend away. Both of us were sorry to leave. We were looking for a place where we didn't have to do anything, or go anywhere, and for the spa treatments and accommodation to all tie into one. The owners are just adorable, they still remembered who I was, and what treatments work best for me, and my husband (as well as another male guest) fell in love with being pampered. Kali continued to go out of her way to make sure that I got the most out of my treatments. Last visit she hit an area in my shoulder that no one had ever attempted to treat, unfortunately it was on the last day, and the last treatment, so the 2nd trip I wanted her to concentrate on it, she did, and for the very first time in my life I felt like a totally new person, she had moved the physical side effects of emotional baggaged that had been carried for over 2 decades. I owe a lot to Kali. The treatments are very well priced, but I certainly got more than what money can buy. Both my husband and I had one of the best times together in a resort of any kind, I can not say thank you enough to Kali and Tim and the rest of their gorgeous staff. EVERYONE HAS TO GO AND ENJOY THEMSELVES, we highly recommend it. There is a maximum of 5 rooms so the highest number of people staying there is 10, fabulous for quiet and intimate stays, they have everything you need to be comfortable in a complete bush surrounding. You can walk 100 metres down the drive to a local brewery for beverages and food, and the best bit is from the lodge you won't even know it was there, hubby and I didn't leave the resort for 3 full days and didn't feel the need once. We can't wait until our next stay.

• Liked — Privacy, comfort and spa combined with accommodation
  • Disliked — Unable to think of anything.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2008

My partner and I absolutely loved our stay!!!! The staff welcomed us like old friends and the Lodge was beautiful. Everything was perfect and I couldnt have asked for a more enjoyable place to be. My partner is from NZ and has travelled around Australia and has rated Yallingup Lodge as his most enjoyable holiday in Aus. The food was fabulous, our suite was fantastic and the staff are great!

We had a great time and are looking forward to going back very soon.

Its the only place I have stayed at where you can have a fantastic holiday without having to leave the Lodge.

Well done to everyone from the Lodge, we loved it!!!!!!

• Liked — Everthing!!!!
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike at all!!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TanyaPerth
Western Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2008

My partner and I stayed at the Yallingup Lodge for three nights in July 2008, and it was fantastic. On arrival, the host greeted us with open arms and warm character. He gave us a solid run through of the Lodge, the rooms, and services offered by the Lodge.

Our suite was incredible, beautifully presented with everything just right for a romantic getaway. The spa on the balcony was amazing, perfect for rainy days and just sitting and relaxing. It was everything that they said it would be and more. We dined at the Lodge on the first night and the food was brilliant, as was the service from the friendly in-house chef and waitress. We also had cooked breakfast there every morning which was definately something the lodge should be proud of.

Armed with a map and highlighter our friendly host was beyond helpful in recommending sights and activities to take up the day.
With the caves, wineries, dairy and chocolate factories close by.

Coming home to the lit log fire and steaming hot spa is certainly something we could used to, thankyou to everyone at the lodge, we will be recommending your place for a romantic holiday, and we will definitely be back!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — having to leave!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SamandKate
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Paid for two nights, unforseen family problems meant I could only stay for one. I offered to cover their out of pocket expenses for the external booking agent if they would allow me to change the extra night for another in July when I would come back and stay for two nights, paying now. I was assured something could be arranged, but when I checked out the next morning the host was rude, abrupt and dismissive. Very aggressive and would not discuss compromise. The room was tiny, not even enough room for our overnight luggage unless we stuffed it in the tiny closet. The minibar and coffee making facilities are next to the bed and only two feet from the side of the bed. The bathroom has a shower with a curtain, not glass door and the bathroom is small and badly lit. The bedroom has poor lighting, no room for seating or lounging. No electric blanket though the in-room information folder indicated there was supposed to be. The linen smelt badly of tobacco, and I kept waking all night with the stink of stale cigarette smoke surrounding me. The walls are very thin and I could hear everything from the rooms next to mine.

The spa on the tiny balcony was adequate for two, but leaked. It was partly filled for our arrival at 2pm but was freezing cold and half empty by the time we wanted to use it in the evening. Being outside it was cold and uncomfortable. The table and chairs outside were the only seating provided and were not under cover, so were in the cold outdoors. There was a community lounge provided but not very private and we felt uncomfortable with using that.

I did not have a chance to utilise the massage or Ayervedic therapies in the Spa room, and the prices were expensive at $195 for a massage.
Breakfast was served on the balcony outside and there was no facility for eating indoors even though the weather was freezing. I would not recommend the Yallingup Lodge Spa Retreat for anyone, and I will definately not be staying there again.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Tiny room, stale cigarette smoke odour.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
yallingup, Owner at Yallingup Lodge Spa Retreat & OM Day Spa, responded to this review, 29 January 2009
We sincerely regret that you did not enjoy your time with us.
May I suggest that next time you book in advance in order to secure the more private King suites? I really feel they would suit you.
Also please note that most treatments in the day spa are priced between $50 and $165 (AUD) ... I am afraid the treatment you were refering to is a treatment with two therapists working one the one person (hence the price difference).
Please accept our apology that you experience did not meet your (and our) expectations.
North Perth
Reviewed 30 December 2007

My wife and I just spent 3 nights at Yallingup Lodge Spa Retreat and can not speak highly enough of it.

Our room was spacious and quiet, the food was excellent and the general ambience exceptional.

We have stayed at quite a few places in the Yallingup/Margaret River area and this is right up there with the best of them. There are 6 rooms, all of which are great, but the pick of them are The Chablis.

For a relaxing or romantic getaway, you will certainly not be disappointed

• Liked — Friendly service
  • Disliked — No air conditioner
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yallingup
Windmills Break
#3 of 13 in Yallingup
Lanterns Retreat
Lanterns Retreat
#1 of 4 in Dunsborough

Been to Yallingup Lodge Spa Retreat & OM Day Spa? Share your experiences!