“Great estate. Tasty food. Beautiful surroundings.”

Rivendell Winery Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Yallingup
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rivendell Restaurant is an awarding winning, family friendly, pet friendly, relaxed atmosphere restaurant that invites you to sit back, enjoy the stunning dishes created by our amazing chefs, while absorbing the ambience of the beautiful gardens. The food is lovingly prepared using the freshest seasonal, local produce. We have four areas to choose to dine in; the air conditioned restaurant for those hot days or cool evening, the stunning deck area offering romance and stunning garden view, the undercover courtyard area that allows parents to relax while keeping an eye of their children playing on Sponge Bob (our bouncy castle) or playing on the oval.
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Great estate. Tasty food. Beautiful surroundings.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had dinner at this winery restaurant and very much enjoyed the tasty Beetroot Salad, the Porterhouse steak, seasonal salad, a pint and a Cabernato Cocktail, all for AU$75.

The outdoor seating offers a nice view and the overall atmosphere was very relaxed.

• Visited February 2014

Yallingup, Australia
“Getting better!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We finally went back to Rivendell after a long absence - it used to be one of our favourite places to go but it went down hill big time when it was first sold. Now Howling Wolves are making a go of it and the food seems to be getting better. Hubby had the prawns as an entree and he said they were delicious. I had the pate which was nice but please, put more crostini's with it!! I had the Coq a vin which was very nice. It was flavoured I think with star anise, which I wasn't expecting, but it still tasted good. The mashed potatoes were rather lumpy but I don't mind my mash with a bit of texture, but the previous Chef, Pete, would have had apoplexy!! Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We'll go back.

• Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Waited a VERY long time -nearly 2 hours -for a very small meal. No apologies or consolations offered. Food was tasty but tiny. Staff friendly and polite but there should have been more staff including chefs! We had to go past simmos for an icecream just to fill up.

1 Thank dashfoo
Perth, Australia
“Dog friendly place”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

What a wonderful place to stop for lunch and taste their produce. It is probably the first time since I have lived in Australia that there was on objection to letting my pet Beagle roam around the place and even go inside the restaurant with me. The staff couldn't be more friendly.
Although I have been to Rivendell Winery in the past it was a completely different place than. I used to stop at the winery in order to buy jams to take home to friends in Perth. Now under the new owners the estate has been completely revamped and is so much better. I couldn't resist ordering pappardelle con ragu for lunch. It was divine!!! I know it is a place I shall visit again and again in the future and possibly stay in one of the beautiful modern cottages on the estate.
Thank you Rivendell for looking after me and my beagle.

3 Thank Tiara64
Yallingup, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well Done!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a lovely experience we had here over Easter. The new owners really put in a big effort to make it a nice experience. We enjoyed sitting on one of the lounges on the lawn. There were craft tables set up for the kids, face painting, a circus performer who taught the kids (big and small) tricks and a band in the afternoon. Lovely food. Kids and Parents all so happy and relaxed in this beautiful setting. The lady on the cellar door was lovely. Very friendly and knowledgeable - I bought a lovely case. Can't wait to come back!

• Visited April 2014