My husband and I first stayed at Chandeliers for our wedding back in January 2008 and absolutely loved it, which is why we returned this time to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. Unfortunately we were quite disappointed this time & will not be returning to Chandeliers.
- Our biggest gripe was the number of spiders in the rooms and clearly established spiderwebs (including one in the timber handrail of the lounge; which makes you question how well they really clean the place between guests...); the majority of the spiders were Daddy Long Legs however I did have the misfortune of coming across a massive Huntsmen spider on the wardrobe wall behind our bed on our final morning - not the kind of fright I need at 8 months pregnant!! Furthermore, we've stayed at many different places around the Margaret River region and we've never experienced spiders like that anywhere else, so the fact that it is in a rural setting is no excuse
- The drain in the shower was blocked, which meant that several dead spiders and a dead cockroach floated around our feet for every shower for the three days we were there (the water would eventually drain away, but so slowly that the floating bits would settle on the floor, rather than emptying down the drain)
- The driveway definitely needs work as our car (a 2012 Mazda 6) regularly struggled to maintain traction on the first part of the driveway
- I rated the service as poor, as we were contacted by the owners on our way down to tell us that the toaster had been broken but that they would bring a new one by in the morning, unfortunately we never saw the toaster & heard nothing more from the owners. If they weren't able to replace it as promised, a simple phone call or note on our door would have sufficed. It wasn't a big deal to us, but it mean't that we didn't use any of the loaf of bread provided.
- And a suggestion for further improvements would be to add curtains or sliding doors to section off the bedroom from the bathroom & living areas as it was very bright from early in the morning, which made it impossible for me to really enjoy a sleep in
In summary, while the building and decor itself was lovely (fabulous rainwater shower heads, rocking chairs on the front balcony, large comfy bed etc) for us the experience was really tainted by the negatives, and given the price you pay per night, I really don't think it was acceptable. And there are a LOT of other accommodation options if you're willing to pay that much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Margaret River wine region, you'll find Western Australia's most exclusive luxury adult retreat, Chandeliers on Abbey. Chandeliers on Abbey offers unparalleled privacy amidst the surrounding beauty of the National Forest. With breathtaking views of the rolling hills and pastures of Yallingup Siding, this 55-acre property is the home of three unique retreats each impeccably designed and appointed. Surrounded by two internationally renowned wineries, Aravina and Abbey Vale, Chandeliers is only a few minutes drive from the powdery soft sands of local beaches, award-winning tourist attractions and the eclectic townships of Yallingup and Dunsborough. Reenergise your soul, bask in the beauty and awaken your passion as you experience a haven like no other, Chandeliers on Abbey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Chandeliers on Abbey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chandeliers On Abbey Hotel Yallingup
- Chandeliers On Abbey Yallingup, Margaret River Region, Australia