“Peace, quiet, comfortable and brilliant service”
Review of Windmills Break

Windmills Break
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yallingup
Brisbane, Australia
“Peace, quiet, comfortable and brilliant service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I recently spent 7 nights in a premier spa suite as part of our honeymoon and I am happy to say we loved it. Even though we arrived during quite a busy period, the only time we were aware there were other guests was when we ventured to the restaurant or bar. Bliss.
Our suite was great with everything we could need, the bed was great, the spa was great, the furniture all very comfortable and the prints/artwork of local landscapes were a nice touch too.
We only ate dinner a couple of times as we went out exploring a fair bit but on those occasions the food was excellent, we did have breakfast every morning either in our room or in the restaurant which was again fantastic.
What really makes windmills though is the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful and happy to go out of their way to help you, with none of the fakeness or snobishness I have come across in many other hotels.
I would have no hesitation spending my money to stay here again or to recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: If you can afford to lash out on a spa suite you will not regret it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed several nights in a peacefully quiet room with garden view, comfy bed and sitting chairs in room. Outdoor patio provided a lovely place to eat lunch and enjoy the gardens and photograph the visiting birdlife. Restaurant served delicious meals and again we enjoyed the garden setting visible from there. We made use of the library in the theatre computer room and enjoyed a swim in the pool and a dip in the outdoor spa. Overall a very pleasant experience with lovely restful gardens. This is a great place to escape to for some quiet time. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 9 on the end gives you a wider view of the gardens down to the pool area.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
kazzaq
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went to Windmills Break to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. I chose them based on previous excellent reviews from other members. I got a last minute price and did my booking through the resort itself and my call was taken by a lovely girl named Bree who was like a breath of fresh air on the phone my booking was completed fast and was confirmed to my email within minutes. We arrived to book in and was personally shown around the bar, restaurant, the tv dvd area, the outdoor areas the pool and spa. Then we got our key to our lovely room which opened up onto a large courtyard area with a small table 2 chairs and 2 loungers. Even though the day was overcast we sat out in the courtyard listened to the birds and drank our wine. We had booked a table in the restaurant where the dishes are served mainly in entrees size meals and we tried a few of those the duck and prawn salad was wonderful. We had about six drinks our 5 entree size meals and I had dessert and it came to $152 which I thought was very reasonable. There is port in the seating area provided by the resort if you want to have that before bed included. The breakfast the next morning was huge we ordered the full cook brekky and I could not eat all my bacon but my husband managed to fit it in. The staff in the restaurant we all very pleasant and willing to help with requests. We did use the outside spa when we finally got a chance as there were 3 other couples trying to use it as well. It's a concrete one attached to the pool its warm but it could be better if it had more jets. Definately would stay there again.

Room Tip: Deluxe courtyard room 9
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our third stay at Windmills Break in a Premier Spa Suite for 3 nights. This is our favourite luxury retreat in the Yallingup/Dunsborough area. We enjoyed two fantastic meals in the restaurant and the breakfasts were excellent, they catered well for my gluten free dietary needs. My husband had also arranged some flowers on arrival for me and the bouquet was gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed lounging by the pool and had a dip in the spa. Wonderful property and service, why stay anywhere else?
Visited March 2014

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sukiah
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here over the New Years period for 3 nights with my wife. Tucked away on a sizeable property, Windmills Break is a fantastic accommodation option for couples. With only a handful of rooms, a sizeable dining room with great menu options, a pool, spa and tennis court, it’s like a private resort. Even though it was at full capacity, it never felt like there were many people about.

The rooms are large and spacious, including an outdoor courtyard area which is a great place to sample some local wines and beers as the sun goes down.

The biggest advantage of Windmills is the fantastic restaurant. Whilst dining options during this time of the year are hard to come by without booking, you won’t be disappointed with the menu on offer.

All up, if you’re looking for a spot for you and a partner for a quiet getaway to WA’s southwest, you can do worse than staying here!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. The room was exactly as described and it was very clean. The location was nice and quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I was very happy with the quality of both breakfast and dinner as well as the complimentary tea/coffee/pastries in the afternoon. The only downside to our stay was the outdoor pool and the number of bugs in it. It would also be good if there was Foxtel rather than the DVD collection.

Room Tip: It was nice to sit outside with a courtyard room and meant their was good access to the car park.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

It was very quiet here during our stay in August 2013. It's not the most modern place, but the decor & warm fires gave it it's charm. Breakfast included was ok & we used the restaurant for one dinner. Room was clean, but nothing too special. Weather was ordinary, so we never got to explore the property. Staff were friendly & helpful. If I came again to this area I'm not sure if I would come back to Windmills.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yallingup
Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region
#3 of 13 in Yallingup
Abbey Beach Resort
Abbey Beach Resort
#4 of 14 in Busselton

Been to Windmills Break? Share your experiences!