All reviewshot tubbeach toysspa poolbody boardslarge trampolinelife jacketsnice walk into townboogie boardslounge chairssun loungersbbq areatwin bedsoverlooking the oceanbeautiful beachground floor unitprivate patiothe kitchen
Reviewed 1 March 2014

If you would like to be able to walk out of your room across the lawn and down to a beautiful beach, you would love this resort. There are only six units and we stayed on the first floor in a recently remodeled unit and could not have been happier. Amazing to be the first in the world to see the sunrise, have a kitchenette to fix breakfast, lunch or have the use of a BBQ for dinner. We enjoyed the use of boogie boards, kayaks and spa. The room was incredibly clean, quiet and our hosts Kate and Paul could not have been more helpful. Walking into town only took 30 minutes and there are many restaurant choices. What a wonderful find!

Room Tip: The bathrooms have been remodeled on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank shheldman
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Beachfront Resort for 5 days. We had the Bliss package which provided 4 vouchers for breakfasts at local cafes and 1 in room continental breakfast. In addition we had 2 x 2 vouchers for a 1 hour thermal spa at the Hidden Spring nearby - this is something we would not usually do - however thoroughly enjoyed our swim/soak in the thermal pool. It was a lovely peaceful interlude. There is plenty of activities close by, and the location right on the beach is great, allowing easy access to swim or walk on the beach, enjoy the spa. The main town of Whitianga is an easy 30 min walk away. Hosts were unobtrusive and helpful. Everything was available for an excellent beach holiday. Although the resort was fully occupied throughout our stay, including children, there were no problems with noise or other distractions. We enjoyed going out to a different cafe each day for breakfast. I would definitely recommend the resort to friends and family and stay here again. if in Whitianga. My only very minor gripe is the comfort of the bed, and that although Foxtel was available, there was no access to the movie channels. This was a minor consideration, as we were able to see several movies at the local cinema, so really wasn't a major issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petermitchell99
Reviewed 19 February 2014

After umming and ahhing over where to stay on the Coromandel I am happy I finally paid the little extra for this hotel. The location is superb and I understand its the only beachfront hotel in the area.

The rooms are very clean and spacious. The facilities are excellent especially the bbq and seating area in front of the beach.

Great hosts who were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay the extra for a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Absolute beachfront, such a great place to stay. The owners/ managers are super friendly and more than happy to help with any requests.
Great rooms with complete self service kitchen. Spacious and modern. There is a great BBQ and dining area overlooking the beach, outside spa and massive kids trampoline.
Our only comment would be we at times we could hear people above us, so if noise bothers you ask for a room on top floor. But it didn't impact out stay.
10 minute walk along beach to main town. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I drove past this motel the other day on a business trip and was sad that i didnt have time stop spend a night or two like my last visit.
My wife and I loved the spa, overlooking a stunning beach. The rooms are beautiful and the view second to none.
Excellent hosts will make your stay perfect. Dont miss this one!!!!

Room Tip: definitely sea view rooms if available
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple