“Service with a smile”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a very enjoyable dinner at Squids. Service was good and the food was excellent. We had a small wait for a seat as we had not booked - but a short walk around the waterfront and back - our table was ready.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Go there just for the seafood chowder. It is the best you will ever have and excellent value at $14. We went for lunch. Friendly service and helpful staff.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We wandered into Squids for lunch at the suggestion of staff at our resort. It was a wet and windy Monday and we were warmly greeted by the waitress on duty. She was friendly and interested without being fussy and her attentive service really did make our visit - I just wish I could remember her name!

I enjoyed the bouillabaisse and my husband chose the green lipped mussels in beer and mustard broth. The seafood was fresh, tasty and well-priced. An enjoyable lunch that won't break the bank.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We enjoyed dinner here with friends on a very quiet Friday night. The service was very good. I enjoyed a lovely chilli squid entree and salmon steak main. Some of the meals were less successful. The Hapuka that two of our party had was dry unfortunately. The seafood chowder excellent

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a smashing evening. Good food, good service and great ambience. My wife and I share dishes. We had seafood chowder and squid foe starters and a kilo of mussels and salmon for mains. I had a Coromandel beer also, well done