“Now called No 8 - and it was fabulous for breakfast!”
Review of Blonde - CLOSED

Blonde
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were welcomed by someone leaving who said he had just had a huge awesome breakfast, so we went on in. Friendly fast service and he was right, huge meals. We didn't need lunch. Very yummy food. We will be back!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Check to see if the place is re-opened, by the sounds of it. We visited Blonde Restaurant on a sunny day in Feb 2013. This eaterie is located on the ground floor of the Esplanade Accommodation Suites/Apartments on the Whitianga waterfront, and offered an attractive view while dining. We had a very tasty lunch here. I tend to think of steak as a safe option so shy away from it in restaurants (I don't struggle to cook steak myself!), but I gladly made an exception here. Someone at a nearby table was served a rare steak sizzling on a hot stone, and I was immediately turned! It cost NZD$25, and was delicious. Served thick and properly rare, and offering the fun-factor as you could cut and cook it a bit extra as the stone held its heat for the entire meal. We got some mussels to share for starters (yum) and my partner and our mate had fish and Moroccan chicken, both of which were well received. The lemon posset dessert was great too. With a beer each for the boys and an orange juice for me, the meal was NZD$106 all in (£57) which was good value. I'd go again.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I love going there but it's closed due to leaky homes renovations. Re-opening later in year.
Friendly service, lunch specials and evening fine dining.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Not a fine dining restaurant but a good menu choice available served in large portions. Recommend the beef fillet which is cooked by the customer it on a hot stone at the table.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were recommended to dine here by our host. The service was fantastic BUT.....I had a little critter in my food I was not best pleased with. This said it was dealt with quickly and in true NZ fashion and I was fully refunded for my meal.