Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Whitianga
Tauranga, New Zealand
“I love this place!!!”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We've stayed here each year for the last few years and love it! Our family stays in two apartments and they have everything you could want. I would seriously live here if I could! It's quiet, clean, great pool and play area, scooters and bikes available for free hire, walking distance to town and beach. I can't wait to come back, I miss it already!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
oceans18, Manager at Oceans Resort Whitianga, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Amazing review! Thank you! Lots of our guests don't know the bikes are free to use, but they are! I'm glad you and the family still continue to enjoy it here as much as we do! See you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
London
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Oceans Resort. We had booked a one-bedroom apartment but were given a 2 bedroom house. It had all mod cons - a washing machine, drier, kitchenette, numerous tv channels, free fast wifi - and was spacious and comfortable. Oceans Resort is very conveniently located close to Whitianga's main street and to the beach. We liked it so much we stayed in to eat, although there are plenty of nice-looking restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Enjoyed a super time at Ocean's Resort Whitianga. We would rate them - Ten out of Ten!

Wonderful hospitality, service and advice on the local attractions. Great self contained two bedroom unit with an ocean view. Very clean rooms with all the facilities required for a great relaxing family holiday!

Room Tip: Two bedroom self contained worked well for our family of four...
1 Thank DanielleLusco
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Just had 3 nights at Oceans in a wonderful 3 level appartment with our 3 teenage boys and a cant speak highly enough of the accomodation, the position and the wonderful couple running the complex. Rooms were very clean and fresh with good living space and dining area and great views from the top rooms. Very affordable for such great quality and we would love to come back.

Room Tip: Wi Fi by the pool near office only.
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

A fantastic spot and wonderful accommodation! Everything we could have needed was provided for here at such a affordable price. We were only a couple but this would also be an
Ideal place to come as a family. We loved it, our only suggestion would be air conditioning .... But that's being picky!

• Stayed January 2013
California
Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is my far the most impressive room that I've had the pleasure staying in. I got an entire two floor apartment, which included private laundry (free), secured roll up garage, two bedrooms, full living room, and complete kitchen. When I walked it they almost had a new smell. Perfect condition and completely spotless. Looked like a showroom model. Location is just 100 feet off the beach, and about 5 minute walk to the town center. Staff was also very friendly, and willing to help in any way they could. Breakfast options were also very well priced, and had several to choose from. The bed is quite, quite firm, almost like a brick. But I was able to sleep though, but was much firmer than the average NZ motel bed.

My biggest complaint and it's big one for me, is their WiFi. I was in a building part way up the street, with zero wifi. They only have one WAP, which is on top of their reception building and it in no way reaches to all units. So I had to park myself in their lobby while it was open, or sit on stairs/in my car after they closed up to get internet access. Some units certainly do get the signal, but I would venture to say half probably don't. So if internet access is important to you, then I would ring them up and see if they can either book you in a room that's in range, or hopefully they will read this and get a couple of repeaters. Cheap fix, and would had made my stay perfect. But as it stands now, I would not re-book unless they guaranteed working WiFi in my room. If you don't care about internet access, then I would highly recommend them. The two story apartments will blow you away.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in range of WiFi if you want internet access. Many rooms are NOT in WiFi r...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Hi Derek, thanks for your review. What an honor to see we are the 'most impressive room' that you've stayed in. We pride ourselves on offering value for money, so it's nice to hear that's how we are perceived. I see you stayed in an apartment where the wifi was limited. I'm currently working on extending our connection capability - it has been a horrible frustration for me too. However - there are certainly some apartments that receive better signal that others so please, next time - if you let me know when you book, I can place you in a room with better signal. Thanks again for your kind words and review. Hopefully see you again on your next trip over here!
Lake Tekapo
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Thank you so much for such a lovely stay! We thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Very comfortable and clean, especially for us who spent most days in a muddy concert and on the beach :-)
Great location and very welcoming managers. We were very impressed with their local knowledge and friendliness.
Awesome holiday!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitianga
Beachside Resort Whitianga
Coromandel TOP 10 Holiday Park
Beachfront Resort
Beachfront Resort
#3 of 18 in Whitianga

Been to Oceans Resort Whitianga? Share your experiences!