“Lunch”

The Wild Hogs Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Good food. Great timely service. Be prepared for big hearty meals. A nice stop if your in whitianga or a short crossing on the ferry.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a drink an had good service really liked the atmosphere... nice place well worth a visit... good cocktail

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We dined here on the recommendation of and with our friends who always go to the wild hogs when in the region. Maybe not any more though...
The meal was very poor. Loaded potato wedges were soggy and unappetising. The pizzas ($4.50 extra for a GF base!) were dry and slightly burned, the chowder was short on fish and the cheese cake was not fresh.
The waitress did not ask how are meals were and cleared our plates away without questioning why they were still half full! Not a good experience

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I hate reporting bad news but The Wild Hogs used to be brilliant and the food was great too. However the last time my partner and I ate there, it was dreadful. For a $20.00 burger my partner couldnt even eat it, dry stale bun with a meat patty that was tasteless and hardly anything else in it. The chips were the highlight of that meal for my partner. I had seafood chowder and for a town that thrives on the ocean this was not great either.

1  Thank BroneeAndrew
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We chose this restaurant for a family dinner during a recent stopover in Whitianga based solely on the fact it was the closest to our accommodation, and were very happily surprised to find that the chef is fantastic!

In particular my husband tried the seafood chowder (made fresh and apparently delicious), our teenage son got the curry of the day (Butter Chicken) which he also ranked highly. My 10 year old, who usually takes one bite and decides she not really hungry cleaned her plate. So if your'e in town, I'd suggest a meal here.