“Amazing & Now No Need To Take Out”
Review of Long River

Long River
Ranked #25 of 42 Restaurants in West Islip
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We have been eating here since the day the opened. The food has always been great in the restaurant. Then I started with take out. It turned out to be the best take out. The other placed the good is not fresh Long River the food is fresh. Now we call and order every week. Usually Tuesday or Wednesday. We have not been to the actual restaurant in over two years. Still our favorite take out. Now we go to our usual other sushi restaurants and we hate the chairs the are to hard. After a long day of work. By chance this past snowstorm, 1 3 2014. We drove by long river and decided to go in well to our already love for this place we found the renovated and put in amazing comfortable bothds and high back chairs. The menu is expanded to Thai, Sushi and of course Chinese. We r even more happier with our favorite take out but we have a swankie new place to have dinner. Please try it. You will not be disappointed. We love Long River!
Frank

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I ordered two weeks ago on a Sunday night and was throwing up the entire next day. My father babysat last night ordered from there and he is throwing up as well as other things now. Bad place. Like the sharks say " I'm out!"

3  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Waited 2 hours for 1 dinner to be delivered! Had to call twice!! Then when my food came it was ice cold!!! Never again!!! I miss Alice the old owner!! :(

4  Thank JEEPGIRL2003
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This was my third and final time eating at this place. Horrible. Had the worst spare ribs I ever had at a Chinese restaurant. Greasy, tough, and tasteless!
Ordered Crispy Shrimp--- it was neither crispy or tasty. It was soggy dough laden and bland.
Top it of with the fact that this is about the most expensive Chinese restaurant in the area --- we are done with this place.

5  Thank rightfoot
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This place is a total ripoff. My friend and I ordered delivery at work and were shocked to find out that the price of our food was over $20!! We only ordered a pint of house special lo mein, a pint of honey walnut shrimp, and a pint of hot and sour soup. What the woman failed to mention was they do not do pints of the things we ordered. My house special lo mein cost me $13. And to boot, I found a hair in my food. That is absolutely insane! The food wasn't even that good. Next time we will stick to Food King in Bay Shore,NY!! Stay away from this place.

4  Thank diana c