“No, thanks...”

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The building is really pretty, but my room had a door to another room, and I could hear nearly every word that was spoken in the other room!!! Quite disturbing, I didn't sleep very well, since my neighbours watched TV until late and were up early. I was too tired to get up and ask for another room.
Breakfast was quite bad and prepared in a hurry. Thin tea, cold and dry eggs, only the toast was good. Staff was running in and out of the room and I felt like eating on a train station. Better go somewhere else for breakfast, that's not a good start for a holiday.
My room didn't have enough light, even during the daytime I had to switch on the very dim lights. Ugly view on a grey concrete roof. Bathroom was very nice, though, and everything was clean. Luckily I only stayed for one night. It's really a shame, because the property is beautiful, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Dalmeny Park Country House is a stunning (but quaint) manner house conveniently located in Glasgow. Our room was gorgeously decorated with a huge canopy bed, red and green plaid carpet and a nice sofa to relax. The "Kintyre Suite" had a large picture window overlooking the approach to the house. The bath was huge, complete with bidet and separate soaking tub. For $82.50 euro, we enjoyed in-room coffee maker with biscuits. Everything was clean and fresh. The house is set back off the road, so it's quiet. There is no elevator, so we had to carry our luggage upstairs, but this is typical for traditional country homes.
The breakfast room was nicely decorated, but showed its age. The view was relaxing as the windows face the gardens. Food was freshly cooked to order.
Great place to stay. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Can't comment on other rooms as I did not see them. However, the "Kintyre Suite" is g...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

What a lovely hotel so clean and well kept, Norma on the desk when we arrived and left was brilliant very helpful and chatty. The room was beautiful and the fruit tea coffee etc was a lovely treat. The meal in the bar was really nice, had a great deal on an evening meal but we didn't want a starter and sweet or would have done the package. Bar staff nice and polite, room was lovely and the jet bath after a long day travelling and walking was really nice and relaxed you ready for bed. The bed was big and very comfortable. I would defenetly go back to this hotel was really good. The gardener must also work really hard as the gardens were beautiful and so well kept.

Room Tip: We had the room straight over the entrance and thought it may be noisy when we went to bed but it wa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We had our daughters wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel on 4th May 2013. Prior to this special day the staff could not be more helpful in assisting us with all the finer details to ensure everything was perfect. The food was excellent and the service was second to none. I would like to thank Richard and all his staff for making our day special. I would recommend this hotel for the excellent service, friendly and efficient staff and the excellent choice of menu available. Nothing was too much trouble to them and they ensured that all our requests were delivered and our guests were greeted with friendly staff. Thank you very much as the day was fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ian323
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This a local hotel to us. Decided we wanted an easy night away from home so picked this hotel (We had had Christmas dinner here last year, which was a pleasant experience). Requested room with a bath in our pre-booking but our allocated room was shower only. Contacted reception and the manager personally attended to moving us to one of the hotel four poster rooms with bathroom with his apologies for "oversight". Very Nice upgrade although do not expect perfection. This became great value for £58 for the night! Negative reviews on here are probably the exception rather than the rule? Staff very good. Breakfast better than the general hotel chain experience. The hotel setting provides a pretty illusion of staying in a far more remote part of Scotland than actually it is situated.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with room tell them! they won't bite!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Just returned home after turning up at this so called hotel, who had no record of our booking!!
After giving my name and showing them my printed booking confirmation, I was told that they had no record of my booking and that they they were fully booked and couldn't offer me anything. This was not what I wanted to hear after driving all the way from Ayrshire!
Save yourself the trouble and heartache - go somewhere else!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shepow
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

First room allocated had a very poor view overlooking outbuildings and onto the side corner of hotel. Staff very quickly changed room which was far better location over all
One double bed and single newly decorated bathroom had shower only and was small.
Pillows were very hard but other than that all was fine. Trouser press was not working and TV was trouble some.
We had the special in the bar two courses and a bottle of wine for £29.00 per couple very good value. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse
Lynnhurst Hotel
#1 of 1 in Johnstone

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!